OMG my OG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patpend3

Reaction score
Hey while making my last batch I broke my hydrometer during the initial sanitation.

Now I don't know what the OG was. :mad:
Is there computer software that will estimate the OG?

I used 6 lbs of coopers light liquid extract and 3 lbs of DME and steaped 1 lbs of specialty grains.

I filled up the Ale pail to about 5.6 Gal. and the air lock has been bubbling for 5 days.

It would depend on what and how much of each specialty grains you used, because each one contributes differently to the gravity.

-AJ

Hey while making my last batch I broke my hydrometer during the initial sanitation.

Now I don't know what the OG was. :mad:
Is there computer software that will estimate the OG?

I used 6 lbs of coopers light liquid extract and 3 lbs of DME and steaped 1 lbs of specialty grains.

I filled up the Ale pail to about 5.6 Gal. and the air lock has been bubbling for 5 days.

Don't sweat it too much, when brewing with extract it is pretty safe to say that your OG will be pretty much whatever one of those beer calculators comes up with unless you spilled or something crazy.

Back