omg homebrewing post on facebook!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiggs_casey

Reaction score
Does anybody else here get generally frustrated at the amount of absolute misinformation people spread regarding homebrewing on facebook? I am sure this has been brought up here before. If so, sorry... just let it bother me tonight.

Everything I've been a part of in my life is spread inaccurately by misinformed people on Facebook.

That's the thing about our wonderful technologies (language being one) it doesn't resolve the issue of ignorance.

There's plenty of it on HBT too.... ;)

Yeah, I get that. I haven't kept up with HBT for a bit but, I remember the BS level being a lot less than what I find on FB. I guess the difference being, FB has become a 'melting pot' for everything and anything. Time to come back!

Since nobody is posting any facts, it's hard to counter the comments, but I find it hard to believe that Facebook is a better place to find accurate homebrewing information than HBT.

If the criticism is that there's more arguments about homebrewing on HBT, that's probably true due to the passion. If it's too much, I'm right here to fix that for you. You know my number.

(jiggs, where have you been?)

Meh Facebook is a cancer (social media in general) upon society. Stuff that is flat out wrong spreads faster than legitimate information. **** Facebook.

I have no idea what you're talking about...

hillarybinladen3.jpg

I've never seen much in the way of Facebook posts on homebrewing. I guess that's pretty weird, as so many of the people on my friends lists are homebrewers or pro brewers. We talk a little about what we're doing, but aside from the HBT facebook page, I don't really see any homebrewing posts on facebook.

I never used reddit, which is purported to be full of homebrewing stuff.

I don't really see anything on homebrewing on facebook.

All i know is that I started homebrewing last week, and have already paid off my home, got a new Beautiful model wife, a new Pagani in the driveway.

curious, click the link below to come to my new seminar, homebrewing to a successful career using the stock market.......

I don't really see anything on homebrewing on facebook.

All i know is that I started homebrewing last week, and have already paid off my home, got a new Beautiful model wife, a new Pagani in the driveway.

curious, click the link below to come to my new seminar, homebrewing to a successful career using the stock market.......

Seems legit.

:mug:

Does anybody else here get generally frustrated at the amount of absolute misinformation people spread regarding homebrewing on facebook? I am sure this has been brought up here before. If so, sorry... just let it bother me tonight.

Could you give an example of some absolute homebrewing misinformation you see being spread by your FB friends?

Opinion withheld about those who care enough about FB posts to let what is posted cause them to post on another forum.
Spreading the misery...

Facebook seems to be an ill-advised way to get legit information. I'd stick with specialty forums like HBT, or maybe even the homebrewing sub-reddit page, for your brewing info. Out of all the sites I've been to looking for homebrewing info HBT is the best. We have a great community, good moderators, and an overall good vibe here. Tons of info and good folks on here to keep you off any other page, haha. :mug:

I'm with Yooper. I am on FB a fair amount, usually at least once a day. And I have plenty of Homebrewing friends on FB. Most of the posts I've seen from them on FB lately have been political, not related to homebrewing. I rarely see any post related to homebrewing on FB, except sometimes from friends, and once in a while from places like my homebrew club. Generally the friends posts are simple "I'm brewing this today" and not much technical information at all.

Besides homebrewing, there is a TON of really bad information being passed around about all kinds of things. Usually they are from people who mean well, but some of those just can't understand why it's good to do some research before reposting something.

And with most things related to homebrewing, there are best practices, and there are many other ways to get things done. Sometimes it's just what you prefer to do, rather than what is absolutely necessary to do.

I've never seen much in the way of Facebook posts on homebrewing. I guess that's pretty weird, as so many of the people on my friends lists are homebrewers or pro brewers. We talk a little about what we're doing, but aside from the HBT facebook page, I don't really see any homebrewing posts on facebook.

I never used reddit, which is purported to be full of homebrewing stuff.

So is FB if you look around.

So is FB if you look around.

Yep, I guess so! But while we do chat about homebrewing and many of my friends I have met through brewing, I like Facebook to just know what's going on with friends and acquaintances and not for another brewing group.

Between the forums I visit, the software I use, and brewing myself, I don't look for another way to get pissed off. :fro:

Why should home brewing be any different than any other topic on Facebook (aka Misinformation Central)?

Brew on :mug:

I'm so pissed. A friend came over and picked up some hops for a beer he HAD to brew last night, and then he didn't even post pics of his brewing on Facebook!

I should unfriend him.

I'm so pissed. A friend came over and picked up some hops for a beer he HAD to brew last night, and then he didn't even post pics of his brewing on Facebook!

I should unfriend him.

If it is not posted on facebook did it really happen?

I think Facebook stinks as a hub for hobbyists in search of an online community. The messaging structure is terrible. Forums are so much better-suited to fostering organized discussion.

The thing I find most dreadful about Facebook is the lazy political memes and those slides that show some stupid "inspirational" platitude over top of a completely unrelated photo of something like a minion, or a Morgan Freeman portrait, or a giraffe.

Back