Okra in Wheat beer improves stability and aroma characteristics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead_brewer

Reaction score
Some years ago i used to play a MMORPG called WoW and in the game a Dwarf gives you a quest where you have to find okra to brew a special beer, back in those days i didn´t knew a sh**t how beer was made but now it came to my mind and i decided to search for a recipe that had okra in it logically with no success, but in my journey i found a article of a investigation recently made in china about adding okra in wheat beer and showed up that it improves stability and aroma characteristics of the beer,you can see the details here :

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10942912.2018.1454468
and even download the entire pdf of the experiment.

What do you think about it?
Who will be the first to try and tell us about it? :ban:

P.D. sorry for the long intro but i had to justify why in hell came to mind thinking about a beer with okra in it :D.

I read that as orca in wheat beer... That would serve no porpoise.

Some years ago i used to play a MMORPG called WoW and in the game a Dwarf gives you a quest where you have to find okra to brew a special beer, back in those days i didn´t knew a sh**t how beer was made but now it came to my mind and i decided to search for a recipe that had okra in it logically with no success, but in my journey i found a article of a investigation recently made in china about adding okra in wheat beer and showed up that it improves stability and aroma characteristics of the beer,you can see the details here :

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10942912.2018.1454468
and even download the entire pdf of the experiment.

What do you think about it?
Who will be the first to try and tell us about it? :ban:

P.D. sorry for the long intro but i had to justify why in hell came to mind thinking about a beer with okra in it :D.
Could be you've discovered the new holy grail for murk obsessive neipa heads..

Back