Oklahoma Only Brewers Group on the HBT!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last one I was involved in, you could get a 50lb bag between $25 and $35 depending on what kind of grain.
They stopped dealing with home brewers due to pressure from the shops they sell to.

Maybe we could set one up with high gravity or learn to brew. We used to do them with the home brew store in Vegas every time they ordered grain. They put a requirement that they had to sell like 10 bags for it to be a worth while investment for them. And that's easy when guys like me order 3 or 4 bags at a time.

If your interested in going in on a group buy let me know I will start working with the stores to figure out what we can do and when.

The location just depends on what store is willing to help out. I have a truck an can bring the grains down to a meeting point if you want

I really would like to get a bunch of 55# bag at around $30-35. I'd want between 5-10 depending on the price.

I'm sure prices have gone up, and would be more from a homebrew store than a wholesaler.
Still should be worth doing.

Hello;
I am new to brewing, in fact all that I have tried to brew yet is a gallon of cider, and it was as strong as a mule and pretty sour,not sweet at all. But when I learn to make good tasting cider I will start brewing beer

mtnman68

I don't know if I would be welcome or not. All I brew is cider. I live in Norman.

mtnman68

...sigh....

http://www.thirstybeaglebeerblog.com/2016/07/able-commission-interpretation-may.html

With this and RLAO screwing up SJR68 we may have no change at all to our crap ass liquor laws for years and years to come. Why is it like pulling teeth in this state when the people are clearly for a change? Our local and state governments don't seem to get it. Liquor Store owners that support RLAO are dicks. They don't want the consumer to have choices and they for sure don't want any change to the liquor laws.

...sigh....

http://www.thirstybeaglebeerblog.com/2016/07/able-commission-interpretation-may.html

With this and RLAO screwing up SJR68 we may have no change at all to our crap ass liquor laws for years and years to come. Why is it like pulling teeth in this state when the people are clearly for a change? Our local and state governments don't seem to get it. Liquor Store owners that support RLAO are dicks. They don't want the consumer to have choices and they for sure don't want any change to the liquor laws.

It's just a damn shame.

Looks like the ABLE commission is going to let Brewers sell on site now. They had a meeting with the Craft Brewer Association of Oklahoma and sounds like they gave them the thumbs up. SO August 25th tap rooms are a go all across the state to sell any beer made on premise in their own taprooms!

From what I understand, they can still only give 4 samples up to 12 oz total..which is crap. However, other states have similar laws and they sell brewery tour tickets that come with a number of pints of beer. So that's one way around that.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello from Stillwater. I am glad that I found this group. I have been wondering if there was any home brew groups in Oklahoma.

Hi guys,

I was hoping to find some folks somewhere near the Ponca City area.
I'm new to this site, and just began brewing a month or so ago.
Is there a brewing club of some sort?
Thanks,

Steve

Hello y'all
I am wondering if an Okie that just brews cider can join your group. I live in Norman. I have not brewed for quite a while because I got an infection about a year ago and now I cannot put any weight on my foot or risk another infection. The doctors think if I stay off of it until the foot heals I won't have to have it amputated. So I am stuck using the computer until my foot heals.

mtnman68

Hey all, Bristow here, work in Tulsa. Just getting back into brewing after being off for almost 2 years.

Hey all, I really want to try more sours and funky beers and was wondering if anyone knows of any good bottle shops in the Oklahoma City metro area with a good selection of sour beers?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all, I really want to try more sours and funky beers and was wondering if anyone knows of any good bottle shops in the Oklahoma City metro area with a good selection of sour beers?

Thanks in advance!

My favorite is The Well. It's on the south side of memorial between 74 and May. Head East on Memorial from 74 (Hefner Parkway) and turn in at the gas station right before the next light. There are some young beer nerds that work there. If you are lucky enough to get one of them they will give you great advice.

There is also Grand Cru. It is on May just South of Britton on the West side of the road. It probably has the largest beer selection in the metro, but their prices are on the high side. I've seen sours go for $7 more a bottle there than at The Well.

Broadway wine merchants probably has the best selection of sours and they are right downtown 824 N Broadway Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102

I would like to make a trade offer to the group. I have been brewing for 10 years and have an abundance of proven recipes that I thoroughly enjoy. I developed them during my time as a homebrewer living in another state and had many neighbors that would stop by to sample.....and sample.....and sample my beer. So my demand was much higher there than it is in Oklahoma as I do not have a similar set of neighbors in Oklahoma. Which leads me to my trade offer:

I can brew in 10 gallon or smaller batches and only keg my beer. However, it is preferable to make 10 gallons at a time because it takes 6-8 hours whether I make 10 or 5. I would like to trade with another homebrewer than makes 10 gallon batches. My next planned brew is a Belgium Abbey Blonde, roughly 6.5%. I would like to make 10 gallons and swap with someone is also making a 10 gallon batch (preferably an IPA but I am open to others). This way we both get 5 gallons of my Blonde and 5 of an IPA and only doing 1 brew day each.

I am willing to share recipes and open to any style of beer with the exception of sours.

87C9B934-BCC5-4F08-B975-F42099E129A5.jpeg

International pale lager. I won the Pilsner and pale lager category. I also made an American IPA but it didn’t place. I haven’t seen my score sheets yet.

Back