Official Holy Mountain Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted? But if sers,

DrakeStrut2.gif

The HM adjunct stouts were probably the best imperial stouts I've had in years. Better than GI. Better than Bruery. Better than Fremont. Insanely good.

I think the best plan for today would have been to show up at 12:30, head to the taproom for some pours, then jump in line for bottles. Seemed to work for a few people today.

Can't say I'm surprised, but HM was organized, offered water for those in line, and seemed to mean it when they said thanks to anyone that went through the line. I've had nothing but positive experiences there, and I hope their hard work is translating into cash money.

The HM adjunct stouts were probably the best imperial stouts I've had in years. Better than GI. Better than Bruery. Better than Fremont. Insanely good.

What did you like about them? Can you give me some tasting notes on the Cherry pls

What did you like about them? Can you give me some tasting notes on the Cherry pls
Yeah. The Cherry Rye had a ton of fruit forward cherry flavor without any tartness. I thought it was well balanced with the rye which gave it some nice whiskey notes. Really a thick and chewy mouthfeel. Almost like a toned down cherry cordial but not those gnasty ones that are full of cream. The vanilla coffee was even better. Tons of toasty coffee and the vanilla went well with the bourbon whiskey. Really imagine BCBCS and BCBVS combined.

Yeah. The Cherry Rye had a ton of fruit forward cherry flavor without any tartness. I thought it was well balanced with the rye which gave it some nice whiskey notes. Really a thick and chewy mouthfeel. Almost like a toned down cherry cordial but not those gnasty ones that are full of cream. The vanilla coffee was even better. Tons of toasty coffee and the vanilla went well with the bourbon whiskey. Really imagine BCBCS and BCBVS combined.

Ive blended this beer many times at Goose Island parties, I might need to trade for this after all

HolyMtn how many cases of each MS variant were sold over the weekend? I'm just curious about bottle count. They are both honestly the best beers I've had this year. You guys are just killing it in every facet of brewing. Thanks for being wonderful!

HolyMtn how many cases of each MS variant were sold over the weekend? I'm just curious about bottle count. They are both honestly the best beers I've had this year. You guys are just killing it in every facet of brewing. Thanks for being wonderful!

I can't remember off the top of my head, but cherry was around 75 I believe, and Coffee Vanilla was around 120. Thanks for being awesome and supporting us!

Very interested in trying these. Anyone interested in a swap for things like the below? JK fruited releases coming up as well that I'm planning on trying to attend. I think O&P and MvB are coming soon...

Rare '15
Regal Rye
E9 Nectarberry
Feral One
Krieky Bones
GoM '16
Brother Soigné (3/16)
Farmer Wave
Dorothy (3/16)
WOL: CC
Freetail La Muerta '15
Freetail BA La Merta '15

Very interested in trying these. Anyone interested in a swap for things like the below? JK fruited releases coming up as well that I'm planning on trying to attend. I think O&P and MvB are coming soon...

Rare '15
Regal Rye
E9 Nectarberry
Feral One
Krieky Bones
GoM '16
Brother Soigné (3/16)
Farmer Wave
Dorothy (3/16)
WOL: CC
Freetail La Muerta '15
Freetail BA La Merta '15

Ok gonna throw up a true ISO, but first I'm guessing the above is way off? Would appreciate some feedback before posting for real.

HolyMtn have you guys thought about doing Brown Paper Tickets for releases and maybe limiting purchases to Washington residents? As much as I love standing in lines, it would be great to buy an allotment online and wander in anytime over something like a two week period to grab them. Or...spontaneous release messages like Hair of the Dog now does.

Regardless, I love you guys, but just a thought for you.

In a perfect world I hope that HM grows as fast as Fremont has so that in like 4 years I can just roll in once every day and pick up 3 of everything while they also get distributed and sit around town for months.

Hasn't lining up been kind of a waste anyway since for the last 2 big releases you could just walk in in the afternoon and buy bottles?
Ya, I've decided that'll be my plan next time. If it's a 3+ bottle limit, I'll probably show up at noon, drink draft, then grab bottles. (At least, I'm telling myself that.)

HolyMtn have you guys thought about doing Brown Paper Tickets for releases and maybe limiting purchases to Washington residents? As much as I love standing in lines, it would be great to buy an allotment online and wander in anytime over something like a two week period to grab them. Or...spontaneous release messages like Hair of the Dog now does.

Regardless, I love you guys, but just a thought for you.

We have a small crew here and are lucky to have our friends and family come in to help. The wristbands a couple weeks ago were for the tap room staff to know people have been ID'd, and I think sped some stuff up. Holding beer for a couple weeks and having people come by and pick it up when they want isn't an option with space and staffing. For now, we're going to have to roll with what we have. We're always working on ways to make things more efficient around here and doing our best!

In a perfect world I hope that HM grows as fast as Fremont has so that in like 4 years I can just roll in once every day and pick up 3 of everything while they also get distributed and sit around town for months.

We try and will try to make sure our beer never sits around on shelves for months.

Meh. The current system is working well. While I do hope for a membership program someday that not only guarantees you exclusive club bottles but also access to at least a few of the regulars, I think announcements in advance mixed with a few "surprise" releases announced day-of are the way to go. I think HolyMtn is doing a great job of meeting the demand and ensuring a smooth experience. As others have stated, you don't need to wait in line for hours if you don't want to. That may very well change some day, but for now it seems like it's more for fun than to guarantee bottles in hand.

I think tickets, a 'society', or some sort of online purchase is a great idea.
Not everyone is off work on release days, and I know they try to plan to accommodate as many people as possible, but there's just no way to do that. With a ticketed event, or any other system that reserves bottles for pickup, you eliminate that concern.

Also no worries of having to cut limits on-the-fly.

You also eliminate lines around the block. Everybody (and their gf, and gf's family, and hired mexicans) can just pop up whenever they have time and grab their bottles. There's a lot to be said for convenience.

Also, as for being able to get bottles currently... that's not always the case. Sure CVMS was still around, but cherry wasn't. Phosphene wasn't. Clarette wasn't...

Back