off flavor from blichmann beer gun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiak3000

Reaction score
just bought the gun. i bottled a bunch of beers for nhc using the gun yesterday. tried one bottled extra today and something just doesnt seem right. almost a metallic copper astringency. i sanitized properly and did everything as normal. im pretty disappointed and ready to go back to my cheap racking cane/stopper set up. anybody have ideas?

Sure it isn't the water you used?
Doubt that the short contact with this would have anything to do with the taste.

I've been using a beer gun since the thing came out, however many years ago that was, and have never had an issue with it. Ideas, this is just brain storming so forgive me is any of this sounds patronizing.

-Cleaned the whole gun when you first got it with a SS safe (Non Bleach based) cleaner like PBW.
-Cleaned out the inside of both SS tubes.
-Rinsed the whole thing well.
-Sanitized with a non bleach based sanitizer.
-Hooked up the gun properly, my friend switched the gas and beer line the first time I loaned him my gun then called me to ask if it was suppose to leak beer when you pull the trigger.
-Was this batch in a new keg? (As in new to you, not necessarily new from the factory)
-How do you clean your kegs?
-What are you using for a cleaner?
-What are you using for a sanitizer?

Back