Oddest brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vance71975

Reaction score
What is the oddest Brew you have ever done, recipe and personal thoughts on the taste? Ill go first.

This is what happens when i brew drunk.......

6 cups old coffee
50g Epsom salt
50g baking soda
50g mineral salt
200g lemongrass(frozen)
3lbs demeara sugar
4 lbs brown sugar
1 lb frucrose
3.3 lbs Irish Style Stout Malt(hopped can)
1oz Northdown 60 min boil
2oz tumeric root
4.5oz Fresh lemongrass(flame out)
.50 oz Fresh Basil (60 min boil)
1oz Dill weed (60 min boil)
10 cinnamon sticks (60 min boil)
1 small handful dried ginger (60 min boil)
2 teaspoon dried ginger(flame out)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg(60 min boil)
1 oz Cluster (dry hopped day 1)
1 oz Palisades (dry hopped day 1)
.75lbs Munich Malt(steeped 60 mins)
2 packages Muttons ale yeast

Lets just say, it was not drinkable AT ALL this was one of the VERY first beers i made 3+ years ago when i got back into brewing beer. It was Horrid and actually got WORSE with age lol.

You obviously weren’t that drunk if you wrote it all down? Jesus what were you thinking.

10 cinnamon sticks!......... 10! 9 is obviously the magic number, other than that the recipe is golden. You doing it again? ;)

You obviously weren’t that drunk if you wrote it all down? Jesus what were you thinking.

10 cinnamon sticks!......... 10! 9 is obviously the magic number, other than that the recipe is golden. You doing it again? ;)

Lol my GF at the time wrote it down, i was in fact VERY drunk, and No never ever again, omg that was nasty, i would rather drink BMC than ever taste that mix again lmao!

This will be a fun topic! I haven't been brewing long, but mine would have to be my first batch. My friend was teaching me how to brew and we threw together a two gallon frankenbeer with his spare ingredients.

I don't have the quantities, but it included:

Amber LME
Black Patton
1 oz Centenniel Hops (.5 / .25 / .25)
A butt-ton of molasses
A big scoop of brown sugar
US-05 Dry Yeast

OG was somewhere around 1.080. It went into two 1-gallon carboys and had burst through the locks the next morning. This was sometime in early May. I just tried it this past weekend. Tasted like Brown Sugar Cinnamon PopTarts!

This will be a fun topic! I haven't been brewing long, but mine would have to be my first batch. My friend was teaching me how to brew and we threw together a two gallon frankenbeer with his spare ingredients.

Amber LME
Black Patton
A butt-ton of molasses
US-05 Dry Yeast

OG was somewhere around 1.080. It went into two 1-gallon carboys and had burst through the locks the next morning. This was sometime in early May. I just tried it this past weekend. Tasted like Brown Sugar Cinnamon PopTarts!

I'm addicted to Pop-Tarts. I must try this.

Amber LME
Black Patton
A butt-ton of molasses
US-05 Dry Yeast

Trust me when i say, Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts would have been a TREAT, think of the most Bitter Foul tasting substance you can, Not the good well hopped IPA bitter, oh no, the rank,harsh Biting kinda bitter that makes you want to cut off your tongue and scrub it with a Brillo pad hoping to get rid of that foul rancid bitter taste!

Ha Vance if you could have gotten that stuff down you, with 50g of Epsom salts your liver would have turned inside out and you'd have crapped yourself to death, lucky it was undrinkable.

Trust me when i say, Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts would have been a TREAT, think of the most Bitter Foul tasting substance you can, Not the good well hopped IPA bitter, oh no, the rank,harsh Biting kinda bitter that makes you want to cut off your tongue and scrub it with a Brillo pad hoping to get rid of that foul rancid bitter taste!

Oh yeah, considering it was outside pretty much any style guideline, I think it turned out rather well. With a few tweaks (waaay too hoppy) it might even be pretty good.

I'll have to see if I can get those numbers from my friend.

Latest posts

Back