Odd particles in my bottled beer, what's going on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgrant391

Reaction score
http://imgur.com/a/vYdbq

Those are the two best pictures I could get. It's happening in all of the bottles. I'm careful about sanitation, although I did add the priming sugar directly this time without boiling it first. The beer is a pale ale with lemon added in the secondary (which I soaked in vodka before adding).

http://imgur.com/a/vYdbq

Those are the two best pictures I could get. It's happening in all of the bottles. I'm careful about sanitation, although I did add the priming sugar directly this time without boiling it first. The beer is a pale ale with lemon added in the secondary (which I soaked in vodka before adding).

Not much to tell from the pics. Not boiling sugar can result in a whole lot of problems, with inconsistent carbing being the most common.

Why are you concerned?

I've just noticed any particles like this appearing in the bottles during carbonation. I just want to make sure I don't have dozens of bottle bombs sitting in the basement.

Mmm, the second one looks kinda weird and gross but I don't think I'd assume it was anything other than sediment and yeast.

When you say you added lemon, are you talking about the the peels? If you used a grater/zester it may just be that. let them relax at 70 degrees for 3 weeks. Refrigerate them to see if the stuff settles to the bottom. Taste. If its good, continue drinking. I would recommend not using the clear bottles. Light is not good for beer, unless you want to skunk it.

I bought a package of the dried peels from the homebrew place. I use brown bottles 95% of the time but I was about 10 short this time and coronas were all I had lying around.

Latest posts

Back