Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he's only got 86 more TDs than Brady in 2000-2014 seasons... how could you possibly think he's better?:fro:

Seeing that you are comparing Peyton to Brady since 2000 (when Brady took over) and Peyton still has 86 TD on Brady, I dont see how you argue the question.... He has scored 86 more TDs than Brady within the equal given playing time...

If Brady had more Tds within said timeframe, along with other records that Manning holds, than I would agree that Brady is better... But he is not.

And to reiterate, Peyton isnt a whiny bit*h:mug:

Peyton > Tom

Seeing that you are comparing Peyton to Brady since 2000 (when Brady took over) and Peyton still has 86 TD on Brady, I dont see how you argue the question.... He has scored 86 more TDs than Brady within the equal given playing time...

If Brady had more Tds within said timeframe, along with other records that Manning holds, than I would agree that Brady is better... But he is not.

And to reiterate, Peyton isnt a whiny bit*h:mug:

lol.. I was hoping the little fro smiley would convey my sarcasm.

4-1. Advantage Tom!

So you're argument is actually that the Patriots are a better team than the Colts. Hence the Super Bowl Wins... It's not that Brady is the better quarterback, which is false when comparing records.

The loss of Brady won't single handedly, completely cripple the Patriots like the loss of Manning did to the Colts in 2011.

Spouting Super Bowl wins or playoff records doesnt necessarily make Brady the "better QB"... Eli has more SB rings than Peyton, but he is nowhere near the QB Peyton is. Eli (like Brady) has the team to thank as well. Not saying Brady is a bad QB, but he doesnt have near the records Manning holds (which showcase Peyton in the spotlight as the superior QB he is instead of the team in general) .

They get all defensive when they are debated on if they have the best team in the NFL (cheaters or not, I will agree, they do) but cant accept the fact they dont have the best QB.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Repeat one bazillion times and maybe you'll believe that spewage.

Lemme tell you, it's tough being a fan of the best team in the NFL with the greatest quarterback of all time. Constantly putting up with all the butt-hurt expressed by the fans of 31 lesser teams year after year, but it's part of the deal...

Cheers! ;)

Sounds like you are butt hurt for not having the best QB of all time, just being delusional about it. You can claim best team...QB, not so much... Maybe when he relinquishes Manning of his many NFL records.

Again, not TEAM accomplishments, but personal QB.

:D

Part of the Brady / Manning debate that often gets overlooked in these sorts of discussions is the fact (note, fact, not opinion here) that Manning has many better regular season stats because he has a tendency to audible to passing plays that will, as a result, of his stats. Brady, on the other hand, will audible out to whatever is going to give his team the best chance to win.

One of these strategies can be defeated by a good, playoff caliber defense, on a pretty consistent basis. Thus the nine one and dones.

The other is a pretty good sign of a strong and selfless leader, and explains the consistent playoff success the Pats have had.

It is true that the Pats have had the better teams, but that does not mean that Tom is not the greatest QB. The Colts put all their money into acquiring targets for Peyton to throw to. The Patriots spread some of that money to the defense. If Brady was throwing to HOF receivers instead of former quarterbacks and undrafted free agents, Tom would have ever record Peyton's currently holds, except the most one and done playoff record. Peyton would get to keep that one.

Peyton Manning has also earned a ****load more money in his career than Brady; going into last year, about $230M versus ~$155M. Peyton's been in the league a couple years longer, but he's consistently demanded higher salaries than Brady. Which, fine... he's a great QB and I'm not going to tell someone to not take what they can get.

But, maybe Brady's leaving a little money on the table might be part of the reason the Pats have usually had a deeper team around him. Kind of important given how much football's a game of attrition, especially by the time you get to the postseason.

http://www.businessinsider.com/peyton-manning-tom-brady-2014-10

Yeah.. that's it.. Brady is just so selfless that Peyton is a better QB for it. Makes sense. Or.... considerably more likely that Brady just isn't as good as Peyton. Really a lot simpler than you make it out to be with ignoring facts, as usual, to make up your own Patriots based reality.

50647843.jpg

Who would you pick if you are a FFB geek with the two most important positions to fill first. Me:

RB - Lacy (or #2)
QB - Rodgers (CLEARLY #1)

Oh, and Cape hates this so keep it coming.

I think you'd be making a smart decision with putting Luck in there for QB.. pretty monstrous offense built up around him. Even if Grigson didn't bother to address the much more needed unproductive defense.

Back