Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the Steelers are 112-59 with 1 Super Bowl win in the 2000's

... so I think your crack analysis of "still is and always will be" is a tad suspect.

Have they had a better complete history in the NFL than the Pats?? Yup. Six SB trophies. That's tough to argue with.

But "still is and always will be"??

I was saying, "yeeeeeeeeah" cause it was a little more polite than "you're a crackhead"

... so I think your crack analysis of "still is and always will be" is a tad suspect.

Have they had a better complete history in the NFL than the Pats?? Yup. Six SB trophies. That's tough to argue with.

But "still is and always will be"??

I was saying, "yeeeeeeeeah" cause it was a little more polite than "you're a crackhead"

cool story bro

I don't have a dog in this fight...but havent the Steelers always been, still are and always will be better than the Pats? Weren't the Pats always a terrible, terrible team until recently?

Define "recently." Not many teams, if any, with a better record since Robert Kraft bought the franchise, and that's going on twenty years. Even the Pete Carroll years, as ****ty as they were, they won a good number more games than they lost.

Were the Pats a ****ty franchise under Victor Kiam and the previous owners? More often than not. Basically irrelevant at this point. From the time the current owners took charge, there have only been a handful of times the Pats weren't an above-average franchise.

Kraft bought the team in January 1994. Since then:

1995: Went 6-10
1999: Went 8-8
2000: Went 5-11

EVERY other season that the Krafts have owned the franchise, they've had a winning record. Seventeen seasons, fourteen of them with a winning record, one .500, two losing seasons. Show me ANY franchise over this period that's been more consistently excellent.

um, the packers have had better-than-500 seasons since 1992, with two exceptions.

i'd leave the arguing to cape, he seems to be better at it.

seriously ... I don't care. I know your coach is a prick and your fans are same. So, good for you guys. And nobody cares but you guys.

i don't know anything about NE fans, but this is really just an over the top thread, so don't take it personally.

i'm not a fan of the 'chick tho.

i don't know anything about NE fans, but this is really just an over the top thread, so don't take it personally.

i'm not a fan of the 'chick tho.

Oh Jesus... Not taking it personally at all. I love arguing about this stuff. It does get more fun when someone gets their panties all up in a wad, starts namecalling and just all-around pissy. Those are the ones you want to really make fun of for being a tool.

You're not like that though. You just throw random uninformed things out there to see what sticks.

Oh Jesus... Not taking it personally at all. I love arguing about this stuff. It does get more fun when someone gets their panties all up in a wad, starts namecalling and just all-around pissy. Those are the ones you want to really make fun of for being a tool.

You're not like that though. You just throw random uninformed things out there to see what sticks.

i was talking to hoppy

but i don't endorse or deny those allegations, lol

excuse me, but I now have to go get a Christmas tree, make dinner, and watch Cinderella.....

I'm not taking anything personally at all...Im simply observing. Their coach is prick...how can you argue against that...Their fans are the same. Ive come accross A LOT of NE fans. Because, well, unknowledgable fans just pick the team thats good(bandwagoners). They are mostly all arrogant, unreasonable and uneducated. Just going by experience.

Cape Brewing is a typical Pats fan. Nothing special there....He knows all the good things the Pats have done and ignores the rest. Quite standard really

Awwwwwwww did someone do pees in your widdle bowl of cornfwakes dis mornin??

Huhhhhhhh?

Maybe you should log off for a few minutes, have yourself a good cry and then come back. I think you'll feel better. Then you can explain to me how "aways been, still is and always will be" is not arrogant, is reasonable and is educated. I would be interested in that explanation. Go ahead. I got time.

Awwwwwwww did someone do pees in your widdle bowl of cornfwakes dis mornin??

Huhhhhhhh?

Maybe you should log off for a few minutes, have yourself a good cry and then come back. I think you'll feel better. Then you can explain to me how "aways been, still is and always will be" is not arrogant, is reasonable and is educated. I would be interested in that explanation. Go ahead. I got time.

It's not arrogant because Im not a Steelers fan...

I had a good cry and now I feel much better. Thanks for the advice....this is just so important to me

:tank::tank:

so Dataz... assuming the Pats continue to be awesome and waltz through the rest of the season, they'll have home-field throughout. Also assuming the Ravens don't COMPLETELY suck and are able to cling to a playoff spot... and THEN assume (and this is a big one), that the Ravens could actually win a playoff game...

The Ravens would have to come to Gillette!

You comin' up for the game or what???

Funny thing is that I have made a decent amount of money on both NFL and college football this year.

so Dataz... assuming the Pats continue to be awesome and waltz through the rest of the season, they'll have home-field throughout. Also assuming the Ravens don't COMPLETELY suck and are able to cling to a playoff spot... and THEN assume (and this is a big one), that the Ravens could actually win a playoff game...

The Ravens would have to come to Gillette!

You comin' up for the game or what???

I might actually have a shot at that. My sister lives in Boston and knows someone that she gets tickets from. She was at the colts game a few weeks ago.

But that really doesn't matter seeing as we all know the pats still have plenty of time to choke.

Nah, with each slot that pick drops, it is only that much more likely they the Pats will actually use it.

So you figure the Oakland might be a.. What? 15-17th pick? Something like that? So the pats will pick 15 and 32? I'll take that.

All I can say is that game gave me 2/3 of my Monday night back (sleeping on couch) & I was hoping for a good game. No disrespect to NE but much for the ESPN/NFL over-selling the J-E-T-S <bla> <bla > <bla>.

Much better games for NE in the next two weeks. Probably more interested with the Pats @ Soldier than GB going to NE. GB w/o a running game isn't going anywhere deep in the playoffs (if at all), but I can guarantee a more respectable loss @ Gillette than that Jets game :p.

Maybe I missed it but I saw no mention of The Hoodie Jr. getting the axe. Although they lost a bunch you gotta admit, he's made Kyle Orton look like a decent QB.

Maybe I missed it but I saw no mention of The Hoodie Jr. getting the axe. Although they lost a bunch you gotta admit, he's made Kyle Orton look like a decent QB.

I know it's really no shock, but Haynesworth suspended for the rest of the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5895357

First the McNabb contract and now Haynesworth.

It's like the old Browns management team migrated to Washington:cross:

Anyone know the cap repercussions from this?

I unfortunately agree with DesertBrew about the Pack int he playoffs. However, I have already been proven wrong this year by them. I thought after Grant, Finley, and half the starters on defense went down for the year, it was over till next year. Now they still have a decent shot at a bye and home-field.

I am really excited for the Pats game, I hope it will be a good one. At the very least it will be a real test against a decent opponent.

Our running game could be on the upswing (albeit small) with this Starks kid getting a chance. First time since week one we have had a running back who can make 1 guy miss. That is really all I ask for in a back, the rest is really up to the line IMO. But that small improvement makes the Packers much more effective.

Agree on Starks. Someone who actually has some weight behind him that doesn't go down when you brush past his shoulder. Here's hoping...

I'd be surprised if Aaron Rodgers doesn't put up some numbers vs. the Pats pass defense. Might not win but should be able to throw the ball.

I am really excited for the Pats game, I hope it will be a good one. At the very least it will be a real test against a decent opponent.
Careful, that's what Jets fans were saying a week ago.:cross:

if we're making predictions for the pack/pats game (even tho I'm still pretty concerned about the lions), here's mine:

brady sets an NFL record for sitting in the pocket for 56 minutes 28 seconds during the 60 minute game, and eventually throws a TD to branch.

mccarthy sets an NFL record for number of times he flips his laminated card over.

Back