Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, New England is just learning their lessons from the New York Football Giants; suck at the beginning of the season, then sweep your way through the playoffs. That's the ticket!

but ED almost had his head on a platter for blowing a game 2 years ago and yes the almighty Pats will return to excellence until they travel to Seattle you think you got screwed in Baltimore you just wait bub.

Question!

If Rodgers was with Allstate instead of State Farm, would he have avoided all this mayhem?

269116_415129248547711_765440826_n.jpg

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS is the only important part of that.

:D

Just walked by all of the Occutards on Broadway. Classic. I was almost waiting to see Airborne there cracking some skulls.

Just woke up so anyone you saw wasn't me. You must have been by the church, that's their only real base right now. How many were there? Thankfully there's only two sgt's working tonight so I know I'm no going down there.

You do know that if the roles were reversed and it was Green Bay that was on the receiving end of a questionable call at the end of the game there would be NONE of this uproar, don't you? :D

That's why there's absolutely NO attention being paid to the bad calls that let the Packers have a shot at winning in the 4th quarter at all.

Just woke up so anyone you saw wasn't me. You must have been by the church, that's their only real base right now. How many were there? Thankfully there's only two sgt's working tonight so I know I'm no going down there.

Yeah, I'm at the W at the WTC site and that's where they were, outside of Trinity. Not many. Maybe a dozen... 15.

show me where exactly "tate wrestled the ball away"?

Irrelevant. He didn't have to ever have *sole* possession. In both of those shots, what you can't see is that he's got his other hand on the ball. I think the animated GIF gives the best angle of the play.

There's a reason that there's a rule about "simultaneous catches" in the rulebook... and it's for plays exactly like this. Even Al Michaels called it a simultaneous catch when it happened, and I just don't see how the replay shows that it was anything but.

so, just because he's got one arm shoved in between jennings' it's a simultaneous catch?

also, do you have to maintain control on the way to the ground?

He didn't have his arm shoved between Jennings; the ball hit his other hand square on, Randy Moss-style. It hit his other hand (the one you can't see in your pics) at the exact same time that Jennings grabbed it with two. His second hand didn't grab onto the ball until after, but that's also irrelevant. He had the ball with one hand, but the one-handed catches count just as much as two.

I'd agree that Jennings caught the ball "more", i.e. his catch was cleaner... but that's also irrelevant. The question is simply:

Did Jennings catch the ball? Yes.
Did Tate catch the ball? Also yes.

EDIT: And, as far as I could see, they both maintained control all the way to the ground. There were no bobbles, and neither guy ever lost control of the ball.

The question I would ask... if that was NOT a simultaneous catch, what is? Why would the rule even be in the rulebook, if not for a play exactly like this? If you aren't going to call this a simultaneous catch, you're never going to call ANYTHING a simultaneous catch - just throw the rule out.

Where is Tate's hand on the ball in either of those shots? Serious question, because I don't see any evidence that he's doing anything other than holding parts of Jennings' body. In #1, his hand is on Jennings' wrist/hand, and in #2 it's clearly under the ball on Jennings' shoulder.

I don't see it there either. Right hand is exactly where the previous pictures showed and the last we see of his left, it's barely touching the bottom of the ball.

Honestly, it's a moot point. Even as a Packers fan, I'm far more concerned with the big picture. NFL games are a disaster right now, far more interesting for what the "refs" are going to mess up next than the play on the field. Will it be a 30 second delay between plays so they can figure out what to do? A misplaced spot? Players fighting while "refs" do nothing? A coach teaching them the rules mid-play? These first 3 weeks have been a disaster. I know what I WON'T be watching on thursday, sunday or monday this week, that's for sure.

Still looks like a pick to me. Pretty sure anyone who doesn't think it's a pick is a Seattle fan, a troll, or a whore for the NFL.

Honestly, I can't wait until the regular referees are back so we can start bitching and moaning about them.

The regular refs absolutely make mistakes. Heck the gave Seattle's Superbowl away to the steelers and knocked my Niners out of the NFC championship game when they ruled Bradshaw's obvious fumble not a fumble, but the calls these fake officials are making are way worse and way more frequent. Plus I don't need to have 4 hour games due to stoppages.

i'm gonna make an obscure reference here, but anyone watch 30 rock? the one where Jack gets a public job and Cooter is his boss?

the NFL's statement yesterday reminded me of this exchange:

Jack, looking at the dripping ceiling: "Is your roof leaking....?"
Cooter: "No, it's not....we've looked into it, and...it's not. Really, I'll show you the report."

I still think we'll see the refs back this week, next week at the very latest. Now the owners are telling Goodell to get it done. When folks talk about turning off the tv, fans talk about boycotting games, it gets big fast.

I still think we'll see the refs back this week, next week at the very latest. Now the owners are telling Goodell to get it done. When folks talk about turning off the tv, fans talk about boycotting games, it gets big fast.

... and when they look at the ratings and see that for all the bitching and complaining, ratings are down 0.0000000000001% (that would be ABG, if you're scoring at home), they say "**** it, let's keep the Div III guys."

I do hope that you see owners like the Krafts and the Rooneys make a push to get things settled, but I'm decidedly in the pessimistic camp.

You do know that if the roles were reversed and it was Green Bay that was on the receiving end of a questionable call at the end of the game there would be NONE of this uproar, don't you? :D

That's why there's absolutely NO attention being paid to the bad calls that let the Packers have a shot at winning in the 4th quarter at all.

You are so delusional.

Honestly, I can't wait until the regular referees are back so we can start bitching and moaning about them.

I could easily see the real refs screwing up a play like this and that's why I don't see how this is such a HUGE deal. Yes, it was probably a bad call (I am really undecided about it) and it did completely change the outcome of the game but a lot of the smalled mistakes I think are much worse.

Come on, when was the last time I real ref gave an extra timeout or two in three consecutive weeks? When was the last time the real refs had no clue what a penalty was supposed to be? And to me, the worst of it all is the spotting. These guys are getting spots wrong by 7-10 yards!!! How the hell does that even happen.

... and when they look at the ratings and see that for all the bitching and complaining, ratings are down 0.0000000000001% (that would be ABG, if you're scoring at home), they say "**** it, let's keep the lingerie league rejects."

Unfortunately, fixed.

semi-related, "Screech" from Saved by the Bell lives in Port Washington, WI.

How is that even semi related? Are you looking forward to his next film?

You must have missed Moto's earlier post, when he professed his undying love of atrocious early-90s sitcoms (including Step By Step, apparently set in Port Washington). I'm pretty sure that back in 1991, Moto was an eleven year-old girl.

You must have missed Moto's earlier post, when he professed his undying love of atrocious early-90s sitcoms (including Step By Step, apparently set in Port Washington). I'm pretty sure that back in 1991, Moto was an eleven year-old girl.

I saw it, and even gave him **** about it. Still doesn't make it even semi-related unless he has a semi for screech.

Back