Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing against Cowher, I was one of his 'defenders' in the past when he was with the Shellers. But I'd much rather have Shanahan (I'll gladly take either over Wade). But I dunno if Shanahan would even want to coach the Cowboys as long a JJ is still there.

philip-rivers-chargers.jpg

That dude is such a knucklehead. Good (maybe great) QB, but what a goober!

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

Where's the haters now?

I think this win came at the perfect time. Now they need to take this momentum through the next few games into the playoffs. Watch out NFC!

"blew the saints out"?? Really?

I must have been watching a different game. One touchdown is a "blow out"?

At least you're keeping things in perspective. I suppose the 'Boys are the best 9-5 team in the history of all organized sport.

"blew the saints out"?? Really?

I must have been watching a different game. One touchdown is a "blow out"?
As amazing as it was to me, remember, I called for a 70 point clowning to induce a coaching purge, the Cowboys spanked their ass. Scored with almost no effort. Suddenly, further proving the lack of coaching, they pulled the secondary back and quit jamming the receivers at the line. Garrett, in the mean time kept calling plays, Jones in the middlle, that didn't work. Had the Cowboys kept the intensity, they would have blown the Saints out, IMO. Their lack of intensity and focus are what has lost them the games they had a lead in this year. These two things are a direct result of coaching. On a final note, the Saints came to win also. To quote Mariuchi, "They ran into a buzz saw tonight".

Exactly... "would have blown the Saints out".

And if Brady had thrown six touchdowns today, the Pats WOULD have blown the Bills out.

In the immortal words of Bill Parcells, you are what the standings and the score says you are.

The Cowboys beat a great Saints team by a touchdown. I think you guys can keep the KY in the medicine cabinet for a little while longer though. You're 9-5... same record as the "loser" Patriots... and currently in second place in your division.

Jets lost
Dolphins lost
Bengals lost
Broncos lost

Ravens WIN!!!!!!!

That all but guarantees Baltimore's playoff spot.

Anyone else see the last few minutes of the Packer/Steeler game tonight?

I was following play by play on the internet until it was finally broadcast in my area (I live in central ****ing Illinois, so the piss-ant Bears were on). One of the best games since Chris Jackie made a 51 yard field goal attempt against the 9ers in overtime back in 95' 96'-ish.

Needless to say I'm a Packers fan, but I give the ****ing Steelers credit. They didnt fall apart at the seams.

I was following play by play on the internet until it was finally broadcast in my area (I live in central ****ing Illinois, so the piss-ant Bears were on). One of the best games since Chris Jackie made a 51 yard field goal attempt against the 9ers in overtime back in 95' 96'-ish.

Needless to say I'm a Packers fan, but I give the ****ing Steelers credit. They didnt fall apart at the seams.
Onside kick? For serious? Big Ben bailed Tomlin out imo.

7 and 7 party in the AFC.

EDIT: I'm a Cowboys fan and was shocked they beat the Saints...and wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles clobber 'em last game of season. Rooting for the Redskins just feels sooooo wrong.

How do you rush 3, have 8 men in the secondary and have your worst defender in mano-a-mano coverage?

Whats your point, everyone is playing in January this year :D

Its february that matters.

I know you know what I meant! :cross:

And I know we'll be playing in Feb also, just don't want to get too cocky!
I hate it when people are like that...

:p
New England Patriots <---- going to absolutely freakin own everyone this year and if you don't think that's the case... you're stupid.

There.... now you know. :rockin:

Jets lost
Dolphins lost
Bengals lost
Broncos lost

Ravens WIN!!!!!!!

That all but guarantees Baltimore's playoff spot.

I am not convinced it is over, but I will admit that you deserve to be in. You have a great team and will certainly be a disruptive force throughout the playoff. You have awesome talent on both sides of the ball. Good luck this weekend, but I think you know who I am routing for.

I am not convinced it is over, but I will admit that you deserve to be in. You have a great team and will certainly be a disruptive force throughout the playoff. You have awesome talent on both sides of the ball. Good luck this weekend, but I think you know who I am routing for.

I am a huge die hard ravens fan but honestly I don't know how much I agree with that. Granted, they can give any team a run for their money but it just kills me to see how bad their D is now. Defense wins championships and theirs isn't nearly good enough.

I am a huge die hard ravens fan but honestly I don't know how much I agree with that. Granted, they can give any team a run for their money but it just kills me to see how bad their D is now. Defense wins championships and theirs isn't nearly good enough.

Speaking of bad defenses...

I would kind of like to see B-town in the playoffs...PAYBACK!!!

I would kind of like to see B-town in the playoffs...PAYBACK!!!

Bring it bitches!!!

Let me tell you a little story about the best game I have ever gone to in my life. It was 2006, and both teams were 3-0. Baltimore was losing and the other team was driving to seal the game. That place was so loud that it could be heard over a mile away. The other team couldn't hear a damn thing and had 3 delay of game penalties in one drive and ended up punting the ball away. A couple minutes late with about 1:30 left in the game mcnair hit todd head over the middle around the 5 yard line. With 3 defenders hanging on him heap dove and stretched into the end zone for the game winning touchdown.

Do you know who that other team was?

Can't say. But you said McNair, as in Steve McNair?
I forgot he played for the Ravens...

Anyone playing the Chargers in the playoffs (except for the Colts) will be coming to SD and the Q gets LOUD!! Just Ask Carson Palmer and his O-line about last Sunday!! 2 false starts and a delay of game on one drive...

BTW...

Oh Christ... what are you guys gonna do next? Meet behind the McDonalds and have a cheer-off?

"We have to get this pyramid perfect if we're gonna beat those stupid-heads from Newark, De!!!"

How about those BiQueens.

Crash & burn.

Side note, Packers will probably have to play AZ twice at their place or maybe they get to play MN a 3rd time for the wild card. I'd like to see the latter for some payback. Then we get to watch the retirement circus again.

I don't know if anyone has noticed a certain Team of the Milenium slowly but surely (and very quietly I might add) getting things in order for the playoffs.

It's ok... we'll just fly under the radar... don't mind us.... just trudging along... HEY LOOK AT THE CHARGERS!!! They're SHINEY!!! Look over there! Look over there!!!...

... slowwwwwly but surely just linger in the weeds....

waiting patiently....

[I don't know if anyone has noticed a certain Team of the Milenium slowly but surely (and very quietly I might add) getting things in order for the playoffs. /I]

It's kind of like when the Oilers were in Houston. I liked to see them go into the playoffs so the beatdown would be that much more devestating. They would show the players all walking around the locker room with shades on or avoiding the camera. Then Al Del Greco would just burst out in sobs. Great times....

Latest posts

Back