Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, our three were at least recent. Most of those Steeler trophies were back before TV had freakin' sound.

They DO have six though so ya gotta give the Steelers some props.

Unlike the Chargers who have never won anything.... ever... yet are still somehow the best sports team in the history of organized sport according to most Charger fans.

Unlike the Chargers who have never won anything.... ever... yet are still somehow the best sports team in the history of organized sport according to most Charger fans.

Both of these are untrue.

The Chargers were the 1963 AFL Champions, I believe beating the Boston Patriots.

And I don't think any Charger fan is going to say that they have a long and storied tradition of winning. Many close calls...

I'm talking about now and the future! After the next three seasons, we'll have as many rings as the Patsies!! :D

The Chargers were the 1963 AFL Champions, I believe beating the Boston Patriots.

"Sounds like you're living in the past!! Contemporize!!!"
Geez talk about living in the past, please contemporize!!!

I'm talking about now and the future! After the next three seasons, we'll have as many rings as the Patsies!! :D
I will concede that the Chargers are a very talented and hot team right now. However, they have been one for years and it has resulted in NOTHING to date. I go back to my original assessment of them which is as long as Turner is coaching, they will not win the Superbowl.

By the way, I believe there are only 4 people actively posting to this thread - the Pats fan, the Ravens fan, the Chargers fan and the fan of THE GREATEST NFL TEAM IN HISTORY, that's right YOUR PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

By the way, I believe there are only 4 people actively posting to this thread - the Pats fan, the Ravens fan, the Chargers fan and the fan of THE GREATEST NFL TEAM IN HISTORY, that's right YOUR PITTSBURGH STEELERS.

If you'll notice, those are all AFC (A$$ Clown Football Conference) teams. You guys are drunk on the punch and delusional. Apparently hoping that the more you say you're going to win, the more likely it will happen. The only thing that will be better than watching the S.D. 'Dolts fold will be when they have to bail the Raven's defense out of jail for them to play, again. I would say that one of the papers breaking the story that Thomasina was pregnant with Bellychick's child would be as good, but the fact that they're having an affair can't possibly be news to anyone. Come on Thomasina, shave the beard, let Giselle find a man.

If you'll notice, those are all AFC (A$$ Clown Football Conference) teams. You guys are drunk on the punch and delusional. Apparently hoping that the more you say you're going to win, the more likely it will happen. The only thing that will be better than watching the S.D. 'Dolts fold will be when they have to bail the Raven's defense out of jail for them to play, again. I would say that one of the papers breaking the story that Thomasina was pregnant with Bellychick's child would be as good, but the fact that they're having an affair can't possibly be news to anyone. Come on Thomasina, shave the beard, let Giselle find a man.

Please spare me. Big D is in a no win situation. If they win this week, then they will likely play Phl next week for round one of the playoffs. It is rare for a team (even the exalted Cowboys) to win three times against the same team in one year. If you don't play the eagles, you will go against the Packers who are playing lights out football these days or if NYG pulls off the biggest upset of the year, you can get a bye. If you get the bye, you will then play Minn., Phl, or GB in week 2 of the playoffs. Good luck with that!!!

Even if you make it through the Not F'ing Competent conference, you aren't beating any AFC team.

Well Yes I am from MA and I am a huge Pats fans. I believe we do have a chance to win the superbowl this year as well. It is all in our defense. They play well we win, they dont we dont win.

I also believe if we dont win it is either going to th Chargers or Colts.
Vikings are all done...Cowboys dont have a chance...the Bengals could do it but wont.

Hee hee....
pats-tex.jpg

AAAAAAaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!! Ttttthhhhhhhhbbbbbbttttt!!!!
Playoff bound teams have been resting their starters for years now. It's nothing new. Relax.

That's not a response to anyone on this thread, I just had to get it out there. I feel better now.

AAAAAAaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!! Ttttthhhhhhhhbbbbbbttttt!!!!
Playoff bound teams have been resting their starters for years now. It's nothing new. Relax.

That's not a response to anyone on this thread, I just had to get it out there. I feel better now.
Sounds more like a preemptive excuse...

Ha! I don't think so. I feel pretty good about the playoffs. I just wish all the "fans" would stop crying. Silly stuff. Maybe a Lombardi trophy will shut them up.
You know it would have been the same "fans" that would have been complaining had Peyton stayed in and tore an ACL ala Welker.

Looks like it's 3 people. At least 3 of these teams still active!
:D:D:D

Nevermore

Ravens will make a game out of it then play the undisciplined football that they have been playing all year and the second half will resemble a meat cutting station in Ole Chicago.

Patriots in a ROUTE

Please spare me. Big D is in a no win situation. If they win this week, then they will likely play Phl next week for round one of the playoffs. It is rare for a team (even the exalted Cowboys) to win three times against the same team in one year. If you don't play the eagles, you will go against the Packers who are playing lights out football these days or if NYG pulls off the biggest upset of the year, you can get a bye. If you get the bye, you will then play Minn., Phl, or GB in week 2 of the playoffs. Good luck with that!!!

Even if you make it through the Not F'ing Competent conference, you aren't beating any AFC team.
Open mouth profess ignorance. Rare huh? Actually the numbers disprove this. A team that plays a team 3 times (and has already beat said team 2 times) in a year are somewhere around 12-7. Granted the 'boys are a part of the 7 with the Giants 2 years ago, but at least get your facts straight. Once the home field is factored in, the numbers are even higher.

Open mouth profess ignorance. Rare huh? Actually the numbers disprove this. A team that plays a team 3 times (and has already beat said team 2 times) in a year are somewhere around 12-7. Granted the 'boys are a part of the 7 with the Giants 2 years ago, but at least get your facts straight. Once the home field is factored in, the numbers are even higher.

As it pertains to Dallas, I stand by my original assertion that it is hard to beat the same team three times in one season. D's records is 0 (zero) for 2 when they face the same team three times. That would be 98 against Arizonia and as you pointed out in 07 against the Giants. I agree that you are right about the remainder of the NFL teams (they would be 12-5 when Dallas' record is removed). I believe, but I am too lazy to look it up, that Dallas hosted both of those games.

All of that being said, I will be amazed if they don't win this weekend given the beating they laid on the Eagles this week. Obviously, you will respect the fact that I cannot route for them just as I am sure you would never route for the Steelers being the diehard Cowboy's fan that you are.

On the contrary, as much as the Steelers were a thorn in our side in the 70's, I do root for them. They are one of the few AFC teams I actually like. But I remember little of the hated rivalry of yesteryear as I was a lil too young.
In all honesty, I didn't really follow them much until a person at work (who I have tons of respect for) introduced them to me. But now every year I hope for a rematch.

I found this article it is somewhat dated but it does validate your statments.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...boys/stories/010708dnsponfl3wins.19ede6b.html

Cowboys are on a roll and they're as dangerous a team as any other in the playoffs this year. No predictions but if they play like they have been, look out!

Cowboys are on a roll and they're as dangerous a team as any other in the playoffs this year. No predictions but if they play like they have been, look out!

Heres a prediction, my boy's are going to the super bowl after they hand philly another loss. After that they will play the saints, and will beat them as they already have, then on to the NFC championship where they will dismantle whoever they play.

I might have to do a brew called "True Blue" which would be a hefeweizen with blue dye for the super bowl...

I might have to start planning.

I might have to do a brew called "True Blue" which would be a hefeweizen with blue dye for the super bowl...

I might have to start planning.

You might want to call it Charger Blue, since that is what whoever wins the NFC will be tasting in the Super Bowl.

But don't worry, it goes down smooth and the after taste will stay with you all through the off-season!
:mug:

You might want to call it Charger Blue, since that is what whoever wins the NFC will be tasting in the Super Bowl.

But don't worry, it goes down smooth and the after taste will stay with you all through the off-season!

Chargers will fall apart like they always do in the playoffs.

Its historic fail, go look it up

I can understand why a chargers fan would want the ravens to lose. I would be afraid to play against baltimore in the playoffs too.

So fans of Chargers, Vikes, Saints, Colts...

Who do you want to match up against?

I'll start. As a Vikings fan, my team could face arizona, green bay or dallas.

I want the purple to crush Arizona. I can't stand that "best of the worst" division champion. Plus it would be nice vindication for week 13.

I can understand why a chargers fan would want the ravens to lose. I would be afraid to play against baltimore in the playoffs too.

Personally, I'm not afraid of any team in the playoffs this year. Any time my team has been in the post season, there has always been at least one or two teams that I was afraid to face. Not this year. I've never had more confidence in a team than this one.

I want the Patriots to win because that would mean that we can get revenge for 06 and 07.

The only way we would play Baltimore is if they beat the pats and then beat the colts. Which would be nice 'cause that would mean the conference title game would be in SD. But I want to beat the Colts.

Here's my Ideal scene, Pats then Colts Then Saints.
FTW!!!

I want the purple to crush Arizona. I can't stand that "best of the worst" division champion. Plus it would be nice vindication for week 13.

Didn't the "best of the worst" win all their road games last year and nearly won a superbowl thy were supposed to be blown out in?

Be careful what you wish for, their inconsistent but very dangerous. Just the name Fitzgerald should scare the crap out of any sensible fan.

Just an FYI... remember that almost everytime MN has been in the playoffs, they were best of the worst division.

How many SB's have they won again???

If the Packers and the Cards don't get you, I hope a Cowboy receiver pushes your DB down for a winning touchdown. You've been cursed since '75 and shame on you for getting rid of the Met.

Dome teams suck.

And yea, if the Cards close the roof on another 72F degree day, they suck too.

Just an FYI... remember that almost everytime MN has been in the playoffs, they were best of the worst division.

Theres a big difference in a division where the runner up is a playoff team like the pack or eagles. Although I admit that the niners were competitive for half the year.

Vikings superbowl wins- 0. I just want it to happen at some point in my lifetime!

If the Packers and the Cards don't get you, I hope a Cowboy receiver pushes your DB down for a winning touchdown. You've been cursed since '75 and shame on you for getting rid of the Met.

BTW theres a folding chair from the last game ever at the met sitting in my folks' garage. My brother went and figured, one less thing to implode.

I dunno if their next stadium will be roofed or not, I'm behind on the hometown chatter here in seattle.

Latest posts

Back