Obama is a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably a lot better than Billy beer.

BillyBeerWEB.jpeg

This makes me fond of the good ole' days when petitions were signed to PREVENT something from happening.....

Apart from George Washington and, I assume, Jimmy Carter, please name more prominent politicians that brew. In fact, please name ANY other current politicians that brew.

I said nothing about current. As to the other, use the search NOOB! ;)

Second, I have had Honey Ales. Perhaps not THAT Honey Ale but really, they don't vary that much. And, to me, Honey Ale is boring. Yes, even with centennial hops. Throw some phenolic yeast in there and then you have something to raise an eybrow to (just maybe not with centennial).

I did. I couldn't find any.

Yup, that's what I was getting at with my snarky request for the links earlier.

I don't care if people like Obama or not - I don't see why people wouldn't be happy to see something they're interested in get some attention. Seems silly and petty to complain about it.

Oh, and for the tinfoil hat wearing people worried about signing up at the white house - relax, drink a beer and try to get a bit of perspective.

Thomas Jefferson was a brewer. He made beer with wheat and corn. Want the recipe? Me neither.

Many early american brews I've seen recipes for tend toward molasses as a primary sugar. They sound pretty universally terrible.

I've done a bunch of reading on historical alcohol - and they really just don't sound appealing. Might be willing to try a birch beer... dunno, I'm pretty happy with where beer has ended up in the last 250-400 years.

I could really care less that Obama is an homebrewer and certainly don't need the recipe.

I'm pretty sure it's an AG system.

Every mention I've seen on here has said it's extract, but I haven't seen anything official mentioned other than it's a beer brewed using White House honey. I still think it's interesting that this guy made an account to post nothing more than this thread.

DarthMalt said:
Thank you! My thoughts exactly.

Wait... Let me start a 7th thread about it...

How is it that everyday we get a thread about a ruined batch but a half dozen or so threads about the most prominent homebrewer alive irks people? This isn't a political thing. Having a president who brews could go a long way in removing stigmas like going blind or getting sick from homebrew.

Every mention I've seen on here has said it's extract, but I haven't seen anything official mentioned other than it's a beer brewed using White House honey. I still think it's interesting that this guy made an account to post nothing more than this thread.

I heard from some people in the BA that it's an AG system and Sam Calagione was by recently to check it out.

Yes, we know the White House is doing some brewing. Yes, we know there is a petition to release the recipe. Apparently it can't be discussed without arguing politics, which is against site policy. The discussion is closed.

Go to petitions.whitehouse.gov, create an account, and sign this petition:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Release the recipe for the Honey Ale home brewed at the White House.
Following in the footsteps of great men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin, Barack Obama has reportedly been enjoying the rewards of home brewed beer. Recent reports from news outlets like the Washington Post (August 15th, 2012) have stated that Obama has been drinking a White House home brew Honey Ale while on the campaign trail.

In keeping with the brewing traditions of the founding fathers, homebrewers across America call on the Obama Administration to release the recipe for the White House home brew so that it may be enjoyed by all.

"I think it’s time for beer” -Franklin D. Roosevelt (March 12, 1933)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back