Oatmeal Stout out of Perlick?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crags9

Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure where to put this question.

I am still a noob at homebrewing, but I've done about 8 batches so far with some good reviews from friends and family. I would really like to do an oatmeal stout for my next brew. I have a 4 tap keezer in my garage that my dad and I built about a month ago, but I do not have a stout faucet. I have (4) of the 525SS Perlick's.

Is it necessary to have a stout faucet in order to dispense an oatmeal stout beer? From doing some research, I would also need to invest in Beer Gas, new lines, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, thanks to pretty much all of you out there on HBT! I have learned a TREMENDOUS amount of knowledge by lurking on the site.

Do NOT dispense stout from a standard faucet!! Ok, just kidding. I'll be fine dude. It's nice to have those creamer heads on the faucet but not at all necessary. I wouldn't worry about a stout faucet unless you really want it on tap all the time and particularly enjoy the creamy head....

Back