O2 bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCARYLARRY

Reaction score
I swear I seached and coundn't find it.:D Anyways how are u guys hooking up the small bottles of o2 from Home Depot or lowes. Need a little help. Thanks in advance.

To this:

S78.JPG

You need a special regulator (they're left-hand threads) and you need to be able to diffuse the O2 so that it gets dissolved easily in the wort. The regulators, I haven't seen available for sale separately at Depot, which is why I think most people end up getting them from one of the homebrew suppliers.

If you can save up a bit longer, it will be cheaper in the long run to purchase a small 20 CF industrial tank and welding regulator. Those small tanks are only 1.1 CF, IIRC, and if you aren't careful with those simple twist regulators, you can waste a lot of O2.

If you can save up a bit longer, it will be cheaper in the long run to purchase a small 20 CF industrial tank and welding regulator. Those small tanks are only 1.1 CF, IIRC, and if you aren't careful with those simple twist regulators, you can waste a lot of O2.

Plus 1 to ^^^^^

Back