Nugget Nectar 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmorebrew

Reaction score
Any word on a specific release date? Mid-February is the closest I've seen to details.

This beer is so delicious but Troegs doesn't distribute to NC. Anybody have any success cloning this?

from their FB post today

In Nugget Nectar news…our wholesalers will receive drops between February 16th and February 24th. You should begin seeing it in stores after that. We hope to have it on tap in the tasting room on February 20th. Cheers!

My SWMBO and I visited Troegs on Monday... we stood transfixed, watching the countless thousands of bottles of NN fly by on the production line... we BEGGED the staff to slide us a bottle, but to no avail... they did say that it would be available starting next monday (February 13th) in the greater Hershey, Harrisburg areas of PA. We live in State College, and they said it would be about a week after that... Can't wait!

FYI... we had a few pints in their tasting room, and on-tap, they have what they call their #55, which I was told is actually the NN recipe that was produced on a VERY efficient system, which produced an ABV too high for production. So if you are near Hershey, and need your NN fix, go to their tasting room and order their #55 IPA. It's NN with an ABV of about 9. :mug:

My SWMBO and I visited Troegs on Monday... we stood transfixed, watching the countless thousands of bottles of NN fly by on the production line... we BEGGED the staff to slide us a bottle, but to no avail... they did say that it would be available starting next monday (February 13th) in the greater Hershey, Harrisburg areas of PA. We live in State College, and they said it would be about a week after that... Can't wait!

FYI... we had a few pints in their tasting room, and on-tap, they have what they call their #55, which I was told is actually the NN recipe that was produced on a VERY efficient system, which produced an ABV too high for production. So if you are near Hershey, and need your NN fix, go to their tasting room and order their #55 IPA. It's NN with an ABV of about 9. :mug:

I was there Monday as well, was passing through on the way to MD for work and thought it would be a perfect place to stop to grab some lunch. had the #55 as well, it was a great beer, just wish they were not out of growlers.

Just got it into my place Stars in Hingham MA. if anyone is in the area, swing on in!

I live about 30 minutes from Hershey and visited the new facility a few weeks ago. I also loved the #55 Scratch and will be ready to head back for some NN.

Great place to visit if you get a chance and being able to mix and match your own six-pack is great.

That growler filler is pretty damn cool. We were up there end of Jan for my wife and SIL's birthday (they are twins, SIL lives up that way). I picked up a growler of Hopback, not because it was super special (though I do like hopback). But the growler was only $16, and another $9 to fill it. You can't find the swingtops with the nice metal handle on them for under $25 down here in philly. What a bargain!

Back