Not to dry, quick turn around cider with pasteurized cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenyabob

Reaction score
My wife loves the trader joes apple cider that comes out in the fall, and I am interested in making a hard cider version for her. The constraints that I come up against are the following:

1. I'd like something that could be kegged within a month
2. I'd like something that has some sweetness, ie not 1.001

I've brewed Ed Worts apfelwein a few times, and also a graff or two. While I love very dry ciders, no one else in my family seems to care for them, so the graff was a welcomed alternative.

I was thinking of simply making a graff and substituting the apple juice with apple cider. Since the cider is already spiced, I'm hoping that carries through, and since I'll be using the graff technique of beer yeast to prevent complete attenuation and hops to take the edge of the booziness.

If anyone has any ideas how to make something very tasty from a very young cider using TJ's cider, I'd welcome any and all help!

PS: Seconds after submitting, I realize the thread title should read "Not too sweet"

Back