Not completely vertical co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_f

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I rigged a small freezer for keeping my kegs.

I can fit two pin locks in the main space, but I can't fit my 10lb co2 tank over the shorter space over the compressor. I have a permanent plan for this guy (adding extra head space, faucets) so I don;t want to drill it or anything... But for the next couple of weeks I would need to run it "as is" to keep the people happy with minimal time and money... both scarce right now (quite a few family members visiting us for our wedding :D). Anyways...

One thing I could do is to fit the tank over the compressor if I keep it "at a diagonal" so not totally horizontal, not totally vertical, ~60 degree angle.

Would this be a problem?
Thanks in advance!
JP

If I recall correctly, as long as liquid CO2 isn't getting sucked into the regulator then it shouldn't be a problem. Obviously if your tank is pretty full, that could occur, but if not, I'd just run it the way you have it until you can come up with a solution.

Yeah. No matter what you do not want any liquid CO2 to go through the regulator. Can cause issues down the road with pressure creep, etc.

Did the same thing until I had time to finish my first kegerator collar. I would recommend in your final design that you leave the bottle on the outside of the kegerator and plumb it to the inside. More room for beer and easier to change out.

Back