NOT another broken thermometer question!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aksea102

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am still chuckling at my brewing blunder...I was just about to pitch the yeast into my freshly brewed & cooled oatmeal stout wort. With a pair of sanitized scissors I snipped off a tiny corner of the (sanitized) 1028 Wyeast smack pack. In what seemed like slow motion, I watched in horror as the tiny piece of the smack pack landed right in the funnel and dropped into the wort. I kid you all not, it was nothin' but funnel. Dropped in without even touching the sides. My first reaction was OH NOOOOOOO! My second, third and fourth were how do I get that sucker out. My fifth and final thought...RDWHAHB.
And then the nutrient pack from the smack pack followed the snippet into the wort as well.
HA!
I dont feel like I should be terribly concerned. I know I am not the first person this has happened to. My gut says just to have an extra beer later this evening.
I am however, curious to hear some other thoughts and/or stories of the same event!!
Thanks for reading!!

Back