Northern Brewer's Rye Malt Syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronclark

Constant Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been fascinated by the idea of buying some of Northern Brewer's Rye Malt Syrup for some time. My problem is that I would prefer to use it in my own recipes, as opposed to buying a kit with it.

Has anyone used this product? Have you used it to make a RyePA, which is what I would want it for? How much of the syrup did you use? How much other extracts were involved? What hop types are appropriate for RyePAs? Anyone have recipes using this?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't used it since I do AG now. You can look at the recipes on HB's website. There is a tab in all the ingredient kit descriptions that shows the recipe. Look at their Rye IPA then use a recipe calculator like BeerCalculus on hopville.com to adjust amounts and change ingredients.

I did that for a Denny's Wry Smile all grain. I used my own ingredients and made very small changes. It is still conditioning so I don't yet know how it turned out.

Oh yes those recipes are great references. I've used them to check and confirm many of my own now. Didn't buy the kit but having their recipes available has resulted in many more sales!

Haven't tried the rye extract yet but I will soon. Actually did the partial mash rye PA kit then logged on the next week and saw the rye extract came out!

Back