northern brewer pin lock keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sieglere

Reaction score
Northern brewer is running a sale on their pin lock kegs if you buy a system. I've always heard of ball lock kegs and I was wondering if there is a functional difference, or any reason I would want one over another.
Thanks

I have pin locks the only different I believe is the way they connect gas and bev lines and the fact most pin locks do not have manual pressure relief valves

that being I have a couple that have PRVs, but on the other I just use a poppet depressor to purge

or you can do it with your fingernail

all the best

S_M

I would hold out for whatever you can get locally easier- pin locks or ball locks. Northern's deal is good but not great.

I would also call around before you buy a fancy aluminum co2 tank- you may have to end up swapping it for an ugly steel tank anyway if no one fills them around you.

I think a lot of people here have had this happen.

The description of that kits says it doesn't come with a co2 tank even though there is one in the pic

I believe pin locks are normally taller and skinnier too. Have to be careful add certain keezers can fit more or less depending on ball or pin lock.

Or are pin locks shorter and fatter??? I know it's one of the two. Grrrr

Latest posts

Back