• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Northern Brewer Cooler Sight glass w/tee for thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebben

Reaction score
If you're thinking about building your own hot liquor tun or mash tun (MLT or HLT) out of a cooler, this item will most likely work for you.

It fits about a 1.5" thick cooler (I got this for a 10G round cooler) and has a T fitting on the outside. The compression fitting fits most small hand-held dial thermometers both digital and analog. I ended up going with a large thermometer and had to get a different fitting.

The sight glass is tall enough that it will work with something as tall as a 10G round cooler.

What's it worth to you? It has never been used, but was about $35 at NB . I'm asking $20.00 plus shipping.

IMG_1990_1_.JPG

Back