Nor*Cal Brewing Solutions Hop stopper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be good for leaf hops and useless for pellet hops. The holes are just too big to stop the pellet powder. Also, looks like gravity keeps it on the bottom of the kettle. Ifyou stir and hit it you could displace it. If you have are brewing electrically, it may not fit below your element.

Depending on your D I Y skills, you can make one with less cost. Check out "hop taco" on this forum for inspiration. I built mine by sewing together two extruder filter pack screens from McMaster Carr, some stainless wire, and so forth. Poked a few holes in my fingers, but I saved $40 over the cost of the commercial ones.

This will be good for leaf hops and useless for pellet hops. The holes are just too big to stop the pellet powder. Also, looks like gravity keeps it on the bottom of the kettle. Ifyou stir and hit it you could displace it. If you have are brewing electrically, it may not fit below your element.

Depending on your D I Y skills, you can make one with less cost. Check out "hop taco" on this forum for inspiration. I built mine by sewing together two extruder filter pack screens from McMaster Carr, some stainless wire, and so forth. Poked a few holes in my fingers, but I saved $40 over the cost of the commercial ones.

Yeah I know I could make my own cheaper. I'm actually look at different ideas for my 55 gallon kettle. Don't need to to keep everything out of my pump just the stuff that can plug my plate chiller.
Been doing the hop bag thing for a few years and it works well enough but would love to just dump the hops into the kettle and let them go.

Latest posts

Back