Noob keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

Reaction score
Okay, I put together (and improved) the Oster 5.0 cu, dual tap kegerator (will post details later) and have read every sticky on cleaning, filling, balancing system, and only have one question.

I am kegging a Belgium Triple (Leffe) and will get it to 9 PSI (45F, 2.0). Once it is at 9 PSI, what pressure do you serve it? So, do I bleed off and then pressure to 1 or 2 PSI or just leave at 9 PSI and let the tap fly?

Thanks, but saw some conflicting posts on this one.....

Assuming we will be using about 10 feet of 3/16th beverage line we will need at least 9 psi to push that. It will be pretty slow too. So just leave it at 9 and it will be fine.

If that is too slow and you are going to be pouring more than a couple cups in a short time (like a few hours), you could boost the psi up a bit, then lower it back down on your last pour. That way you won't waste any CO2, and you not going to add a significant amount of extra carbonation over that short of a time period.

You'll have a better idea once you actually tap it.

Latest posts

Back