Noob from the Northland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroyD

Reaction score
Hey Gents and Ladys,

I'm a nOOb from up nord in Fargo, ND. I've gotten into home brewing through originally picking up a mini plastic keg brewers from a department store and recently came across a great deal with a bunch of equipment from a now retired brewer.

I've got a couple in the box kits completed and reaping the flavors of a nice Red Ale but had some problems somewhere with an Octoberfest boxed brew. I'm still trying and adding a few needed accessories to my brewing set up. We have a LHBS in the area with a club that meets monthly, unfortunately the store's only open during the day and closes by about 5:30, so most of my purchases have been online.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given on here and I look forward to many more successful brews in the future!

Any recommendations on a nice boxed brand and/or flavor for my next couple attempts before I get into all grain brews?

Troy

Austin Home Brew has some nice kits, and $5.00 shipping on all orders. Probably take a week to get to Fargo though.

Welcome to HBT!:mug:
I suggest trying some recipes with steeped grains before you go to AG brewing. They will get you a little more involved in the brewing process than a kit provides.

Let us know what you decide and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Back