Noob from NW Baltimore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wscott823

Reaction score
Hey all!

Green to the forum here, but have been poking my head around for a few days before registering. I've had limited exposure to home brewing, but in April completed my first malt extract brew in 6 years. It's just finishing up the bottling phase right now and am stoked to try it. Hopefully I can keep some around for aging :p
I've got a dry cider in the 2nd fermenter right now (see post)and have the kit ready to start 'Brewers Best' Irish Stout any day now. Hopefully it'll come out tasting like a Guinness wannabe.

Trying to break into mash/extract or AG brewing I read Charlie Papazian's New Complete Joy of Home Brwing cover to cover over the past week, but the threads on the DIY forum 'round here have really got my brain churning on fabricating a setup without breaking the bank (freakin' economy :mad:). My dad was a remodeler by profession with exposure to carpentry, electricial/plumbing work, etc. My brother-in-law works at a metal fabrication shop so hopefully I'll have enough networking closeby for some DIY project soon.

Love everything I've seen on this forum. Hope soon I can claim myself a supporting member.

Welcome!!!!

Keep an eye out in the gatherings forum for us local Marylanders getting together to brew!
Jezter6, I'll definitely keep an eye out for local events with you guys.
Joined up with the Md brew day group as well yesterday.

You're in luck -- we're brewing next weekend!! Even if you aren't comfortable brewing, you're welcome to come by and watch. We'll likely be doing all-grain, although I've heard rumors of maybe one coming and doing extract.

At least you can come and hang out and learn a little bit. Be advised - we're not overly technical about things. :)

You're in luck -- we're brewing next weekend!! Even if you aren't comfortable brewing, you're welcome to come by and watch. We'll likely be doing all-grain, although I've heard rumors of maybe one coming and doing extract.

At least you can come and hang out and learn a little bit. Be advised - we're not overly technical about things. :)
Next weekend is kind of shot for me :(, but I'll still keep my eyes out in the future.

Back