Noob from Milwaukee area here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been lurking for a few weeks and decided it was time to join. I just launched my first batch of hard cider yesterday. My brewing experience is very limited. A number of years ago, the wife bought be a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas. I actually had some fun with it although I would like to graduate to the next step in beer making.

On a side note, many years ago, I went to college in central Washington state. I used to harvest hops in the lower Yakima valley every September near the town of Toppenish. I seem to recall the farm grew mostly Cascades, but also some Galena's and Bullion's. We actually hated hops after nearly a month in harvest. the luplin in the hops was so strong that it was unavoidable. Clothes coming out of the washer still smelled like hops and I swear, even our cornflakes in the morning had a note of hops. I have since come to love hops as most beer drinkers do.

Welcome to the forum, being a member really makes a difference. I lurked for almost a year before I joined, it was amazing how much more I learned after just a couple weeks of participating

Welcome to this little corner of insanity that we call "BREWING." Most of us have found brewing to be addicting. I am a native of Milwaukee [back when FOUR breweries were going strong], and lived in Oconomowoc for sixteen years.

glenn514:mug:

Now that you've recovered from the lupulin overdose back in WA, maybe you could try growing some hops of your own. They sure seem to do well in the midwest!

Back