No problems. This is fun.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

FullDraw

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a simple thread. I'm brewing right now and having a good time doing it. There is often a ton of worrisome folks, but it's not that tough. This is a great place to get the answers that you need, I've asked them myself.

But damn this is fun.

Back to the sparge...

OP
FullDraw

FullDraw

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It went very well. No boilover, hit my temps, and gravities damn close.

Bubbling away as we speak. Ahh, what a great sound.

kaiser423

Reaction score
What? Hit temps? No boil-over? Good Gravity?

Dude, you need to pay your dues!
I'm hoping to see a "is my beer ruined?!?!?!?11!/!" thread from him soon. An infection or something :drunk:

Just kidding. Good man, that's a good attitude to have; just cruise through it. My first one went nearly flawless, my second had a couple of stupid issues, and everything since has been cruising.

Sometimes you boil over or miss an OG, but if you're prepared, it's a minor issue.

OP
FullDraw

FullDraw

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Boiled over last batch. Added the hops to the rolling boil, and bam, volcano. I gingerly added them this time. I've had some numbers issues in the past, but am smoothing things out nicely. Beersmith is a help.
My simple point is that while there may be horror stricken noobs, it's ok. You're making beer, not playing with plutonium. I was just having fun. Now let's see how happy I am when I bottle it all by myself. Ugh.