No problems. This is fun.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullDraw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a simple thread. I'm brewing right now and having a good time doing it. There is often a ton of worrisome folks, but it's not that tough. This is a great place to get the answers that you need, I've asked them myself.

But damn this is fun.

Back to the sparge...

What? Hit temps? No boil-over? Good Gravity?

Dude, you need to pay your dues!

I'm hoping to see a "is my beer ruined?!?!?!?11!/!" thread from him soon. An infection or something :drunk:

Just kidding. Good man, that's a good attitude to have; just cruise through it. My first one went nearly flawless, my second had a couple of stupid issues, and everything since has been cruising.

Sometimes you boil over or miss an OG, but if you're prepared, it's a minor issue.

Boiled over last batch. Added the hops to the rolling boil, and bam, volcano. I gingerly added them this time. I've had some numbers issues in the past, but am smoothing things out nicely. Beersmith is a help.
My simple point is that while there may be horror stricken noobs, it's ok. You're making beer, not playing with plutonium. I was just having fun. Now let's see how happy I am when I bottle it all by myself. Ugh.

Back