No pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmurph6

Reaction score
Hey all. I've always had problems with leaks in my co2 system it seems, thus I always check daily to make sure my regulator still shows positive pressure on the keg. I've had my beer on the gas for almost 3 weeks now without a problem, of course today when I check, the needle is at 0 and I check the blow off and no pressure gets released. I just had this tank refilled and only served 2 kegs from it. Im having trouble with this because it had been fine for so long then all of a sudden, nothing. I never even touched the keg.

My big question is this beer needs to be served on Saturday and my next opportunity to get my tank filled is Monday. With there being no pressure, is my beer currently flat? What can I do to get this carbed before sat?

This baffles me as this is my "good" keg.

Get a check valve on the gas line to keep the gas in one direction. If the gas is not going back up the line, then check your clamps (I hope you use at least worm clamps on both ends) and then check and lube the o-rings on the posts and the big one too. Also could be a relief valve leak.

By Saturday, you mean tomorrow??? :drunk: How are you going to serve the beer with no gas? Go to airgas today and get it filled. Stop at the brewing shop and pick up some new o-rings and a tube of lube. Take everything apart, clean and lube up. Then search here for quick force carbing. :mug:

I'm sorry. Sat the 9th. I'm going to have the tank leak tested at the brew shop as I leak check the keg every time I fill it.

Keg cowboy actually did all the clamps and assembly of my regulator so I'm pretty certain it's good. Ugh this is so frustrating.

I used to have constant leaks too.

Most of them were due to the kegs. The secret is lots and lots of keg lube everywhere there is a connection with an o-ring. That, and blasting the keg with about 30PSI before putting it in the kegorator. That makes sure the main o-ring is properly sealed. I tend to get leaks at lower pressures.

I'd let the keg sit on gas until at least Thursday night. At that point if it's not carbed properly I'd pull it out and try to force carb it.

By force carb what do you mean? Put 30# on it and roll it around?

By force carb what do you mean? Put 30# on it and roll it around?

If I had 5 days from Monday then I'd consider pressurizing at 20 psi for that time while refrigerated. You can roll it around but most people overdo it that way. Taste test it when you gas it up to see where it's at.

Back