No bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxdad

Reaction score
I am fermenting my third batch and on this one I have not had any bubbles in the airlock. I am pretty sure that I had a bad seal or something because everything looks and smells and taste the same as my first two batches. What should I be looking at as far as a final gravity for an Ale. I have never used a hydrometer before and now see the importance.
Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks! The issue I still have is that I did not take an initial hydrometer reading. Is there a number that I should be looking to be close to as far as final gravity? Like I said, I now know that the hydrometer is a very important tool!

Was this a batch from extract? If so, you can calculate a pretty reliable estimate of the OG. A version of the equation is here. You should also have some idea of the FG depending upon the style and the estimated attenuation of the yeast you used.

Back