Issues w/ Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had the wort sitting for over 48 hours and have not seen any bubbles coming up through the air lock. I have now shrink wrapped the bucket to try to get a good seal. Also if it has been that long is there a point in checking the SPG or no ? I could not test the spg after brewing because the hydrometer that i had received in the kit was broken. But the replacements showed up today. Now have 9...

You can sometimes shine a light thru the bucket and see a krausen ring and liquid level. If you see only a liquid level I'd give it a swirl and make sure the temp is in the mid range for your yeast then if nothing after 72 total I'd repitch.

I have had the wort sitting for over 48 hours and have not seen any bubbles coming up through the air lock. I have now shrink wrapped the bucket to try to get a good seal. Also if it has been that long is there a point in checking the SPG or no ? I could not test the spg after brewing because the hydrometer that i had received in the kit was broken. But the replacements showed up today. Now have 9...
1705704158211.png

You can sometimes shine a light thru the bucket and see a krausen ring and liquid level. If you see only a liquid level I'd give it a swirl and make sure the temp is in the mid range for your yeast then if nothing after 72 total I'd repitch.
After removing the stopper. Looking at the top of the liquid it is bubbling. Also i got a good smell of beer. These i would assume are good things to see and smell.

I pulled the stopper and air lock to look inside. I saw bubbles coming to the top and it smelled like beer. So i am assuming im on the correct track.

Back