no bubbles, no foam ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philhead1

Reaction score
I just brewed a honey wheat extract 2 days ago. after 24 hours I was getting about 1 bubble in my airlock every 5 minutes, I lifted the very edge of the lid and checked it was foaming and sounded like a frying pan from all the bubbling. after 48 hrs the water is level even in the airlock and lifted the lid and no foam, no activity. I also added about 1.5 lbs of local honey at the end of boil, my SG is a 62. I changed the room temp from 75 to 68, will that shock the yeast? do I need to pitch more yeast? it was a brewers best kit with 6gm munton dry pack. please tell me its not ruined.

I've had beers slow down a lot when lowering the temp. I wouldn't worry about it just leave it for at least 10 days then measure the gravity.

Also the lid might not have gone back to air tight when you pushed it back on...and the CO2 is coming out the lid rather then the airlock..

btw - i'm picturing you sitting there for a long time measuring 1 bubble every 5 min!

Well the lid is on good, I was hoping to hear someone say its just the temp change. so that helps out alot.

and yes crawford I did sit there ( with beer in hand) and wait for the next bubble to go "ploop". lol, I've never had a batch stop like that. I might be a slightly obsessed but its my beer we are talking about here :D

You're beer's fine...Now leave it the hell alone :D

Stepaway_copy.jpg

lol, ok ok. I just checked the gravity of it to see if it is doing anything. after 72 hrs it went from 60 to 20 in gravity and is getting a small amount of bubbles built up again. just freaked for a sec, thought I stuck my brew by the temp drop but looks like its going to be ok.

thanks

lol, ok ok. I just checked the gravity of it to see if it is doing anything. after 72 hrs it went from 60 to 20 in gravity and is getting a small amount of bubbles built up again. just freaked for a sec, thought I stuck my brew by the temp drop but looks like its going to be ok.

thanks

You're welcome! Now- go forget about it for a week!

and yes crawford I did sit there ( with beer in hand) and wait for the next bubble to go "ploop". lol, I've never had a batch stop like that. I might be a slightly obsessed but its my beer we are talking about here :D
I would be willing to bet that every last person on this board has done that. Don't let them tell you any different. :)

ok guys one more question. I'm making a wheat beer with about 1 1/2 lbs of honey the recipe says FG sould be .10 - .14 mine brew has been at 20-21 for a few days, why no lower? I'm not freaking out anymore just has me curious. will it make my beer even sweeter from gravity being higher than it should be?

I'll admit it- I did. The best medicine I've found for 'watchit syndrome' is.....brew another batch! Kyle

Best advice I've ever read/heard!! I think you should brew another batch just because...never mind "watchit syndrome"!! :p

-Tripod

Back