No. Brewer- Honey Nut Brown- gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drinks3point2

Reaction score
Just bottled a 5 gal batch of honey nut brown from northern brewer. The OG was 1.054, the FG is 1.010. I wasn't able to find a projected FG in the info on their site. Anyone else made this one? If so what were your results.

I used Wyeast 1056 with no starter. The smack pack showed good action before pitching. I've read so many threads about how necessary it is to pitch high and use starters that I'm wondering if this batch was a fluke as far as attenuation is concerned. i.e. did I just get lucky?

i think you're ok...those smack packs, if they're fairly new and swell up pretty fast then it should be able to handle beers up to 1.060.

I also think ur beer is done...ur OG is up by.004 giving you a 5.7%abv beer which is great man. I think that beer is only supposed to be somewhere in the mid to low 5%abv.

I've got this one in the primary right now ! Just did a hydrometer reading after 6 days and it's gone from OG 1.056 to FG 1.012 - I was hoping to move it to secondary on Friday, but may wait until the beginning of the week ...

I've been getting really high efficiency, but I need alot of help on brewday :)

That was a good beer. As with every beer I've made, the beers just got better the closer I got to being out of the batch. I didn't rack this beer to a secondary, just left it in primary for 20 days and bottled. Turned out plenty clear for my tastes. This one was real slow to carbonate. It was four weeks in the bottle before I was happy with the results.

Back