Next Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dietz

Reaction score
I did my first brew about a month ago, it is now kegged and turned out pretty well. It was supposed to be a Sierra Pale clone kit but didnt come out hoppy at all, I believe it only included a couple oz of hops though. I did a full boil and followed instructions other than doing a late LME addition so I dont think it's an issue with hop utilization...maybe I'm wrong? Anyways I ordered the following hops and want to make a good extract IPA. Thinking 4 oz (?) thru multiple additions during the boil and dryhopping with another 2 oz (?). If people could give me recipe recommendations I would appreciate it. I'm going to get away from the kits, I have a good LBS so I might as well use them. I'm new and not really sure if these hops will "work" together. I would prefer to use what I have but if you have some other suggestions lets hear em. I really want simcoe but cant seem to find them local.

Hops I have:
1lb Nugget
1lb Cascade
1lb Columbus

Thanks -

Yep.

You can let it all drop out in the fridge. Then on brew day dump the liquid out keeping yeast cake on bottom and add a fresh batch of boiled and cooled DME water.

It will kick off another fermentation and give you a nice large sized starter.

Latest posts

Back