California newport beach to the bruery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thedutchtouch

Reaction score
apologies that this is not homebrew related but hoped to get some advice from the locals... I'll be in Newport Beach for a few days in April for work, and would love to visit the Bruery Terreux tap room... I see that it's about 20 miles from my hotel (hyatt regency)... any advice on how to get there/ best times of day? I've never been to the LA area but hear horror stories about the traffic...

also, anywhere else i should go? i won't have a lot of time but want to take advantage:tank::mug:

I grew up in Fullerton, so I used to be a local. First, it's not really the LA area, it's Orange County...huge difference. That said, traffic is still bad. Lyft and Uber are both available...I'd guess around around $30 each way for Newport. If you like hoppy beers, check out Noble Ale Works. They're in Anaheim close to Angel Stadium and about a $5 ride from The Bruery . Bottle Logic is also pretty solid, another $5 ride. If you're looking for a good bottle shop, check out Hi-Time Wine Cellars in Costa Mesa. https://www.hitimewine.net/

P.S. Beware of member Mondays at The Bruery. The first Monday of each month the tasting room (at least at The Bruery...not sure about Bruery Terreaux) is only open to Society members.

From the Hyatt Regency it is straight up the 55 freeway. Unfortunately traffic is a bear most anytime during the week and on Saturdays. Both of The Bruery's tasting rooms are less than 5 miles apart. There are several decent tap rooms in Orange County and a lot of really great ones about 50 miles South in North County San Diego. As far as the best time for The Bruery's tap room, Saturday and Sunday between 3 and 6 seem to be the easiest, after 6 you can almost forget about it. I think one time I was there it was an hour wait just to get in the door at the main tap room.

Since you will be in Fullerton area check out Evans (tap house) and Bootleggers.
Also just a stones throw away is Taps Fish House and Brewery on the corner of Brea Blvd and Imperial Hwy. They have some good happy hour bar eats during the week and if you are lucky they will have their cask ale pumped thru the old beer engine.

Definitely check out Barley Forge Brewing in Costa Mesa. Their coconut stout ("The Patsy") is way better than Death By Coconut, IMO.

Latest posts

Back