newbie recipe suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnjenkin

Reaction score
I am about to start brewing my first batch, I think I have the basic idea but I was just wanting some input on the specific recipe to use... I usualy like lagers but I am lost here and help would be appreciated.

I am about to start brewing my first batch, I think I have the basic idea but I was just wanting some input on the specific recipe to use... I usualy like lagers but I am lost here and help would be appreciated.

Making a good lager is pretty hard, especially for a beginner. Any mistakes will result in off-flavors that will show through.

However a Kolsch or cream ale would be pretty clean and crisp, somewhat like a lager, but you can do these at ale temperatures (lagers must ferment at low temperatures).

Search the recipe section for Kolsch - I think EdWort or BierMuncher probably have one. BM has some other nice 'easy drinking' recipes.

Good luck with your brewing.

Back