Newbie Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnerhaus

Reaction score
Hey all, I just did a Brewferm Kriek and I'm really not sure if this is even the right thread but I did it in a 3 gallon fermenter which I've never done and I wasn't able to stir the yeast in real well like it said and it seems weird to me so I attached a pic to see if y'all thought it would be ok and actually turn out decent.....also, would it be ok to just leave it in the primary for like a month and then bottle and not even do a secondary? Don't really care about clarity...

image-724022616.jpg

don't worry about not having mixed the yeast well, they'll figure it out.

Is this an actual kriek or just a cherry ale? Quick search made it sound like the latter, but if there was any brett or bacteria involved you'll want to wait alot longer than a month. otherwise, a month primary should be good

if this kit was a true kriek, then yes this would be the correct sub-forum to ask your question.

however, the Brewferm kit is a kriek in name only. it is, as dcp27 stated, a cherry ale - no wild yeast/bugs involved, so it's a standard beer.

skipping secondary is just fine. you might end up with a slightly cloudier beer, and you might have a few more bits of shredded cherries at the bottom of your bottles depending how cleanly you rack.

Latest posts

Back