Newbie Observations...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colonel_Forbin

Reaction score
Ok, I've brewed my first batch, midwest, autumn ale kit. It has been in primary since 1/30. OG 1.048, 1.010, since 2/6. No visible signs of fermentation. When I took a sample tonight (mighty tasty at this point, even the SWMBO agrees) still 1.010 reading, there was a bit of CO2 being released, a very insignificant amount. Is this normal, just the yeasties doing their thing and conditioning, or is there still more sugars being consumed, or something else?

Thanks.

Ok, I've brewed my first batch, midwest, autumn ale kit. It has been in primary since 1/30. OG 1.048, 1.010, since 2/6. No visible signs of fermentation. When I took a sample tonight (mighty tasty at this point, even the SWMBO agrees) still 1.010 reading, there was a bit of CO2 being released, a very insignificant amount. Is this normal, just the yeasties doing their thing and conditioning, or is there still more sugars being consumed, or something else?

Thanks.

That's normal. There is always some residual co2 in the liquid, just as a product of fermentation. You taking a sample created nucleation points, so some of the bubbles will rise.

It's ready to be bottled, whenever you are!

Back