Newbie in Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BogBrew21

Reaction score
Hey, just getting started. Doing my reading and getting ideas before I set to brewing. Anyone in the Chicago area with advice on where to purchase equipment/supplies would be greatly appreciated! Any other advice is always welcome.

Welcome BogBrew .... There are a ton of great people on this board as well as videos and pictures. I found it my one stop shop. You will absolutely learn to brew great beer reading the threads here and by using the search on the menubar.

Soon you will be into one of Choguy's angelic fermentation cabinet. Stunning piece of furniture.... My SWMBO may actually go for this :)

I just started, too, with a friend and we bought all of our supplies at Perfect Home Brewing Supplies in Libertyville. You can check out their website here:

http://www.undergrounddigital.com/

They were friendly and helpful. I'd recommend that you take a drive there if you're not too far away.

I live out in Joliet and theres a dearth of home brew shops out this way (though some on this forum have suggested that HydroCork inst as bad as it was when I first went there). BevArt is located in Beverly and if I were a better son and visited my folks more often (or at least when I had disposable income) I'd have an opinion on that as well, although I've heard some good things.

As it is, I usually order online through Northern Brewer and they've been great people to do business with.

This has been a great asset in learning to brew, read the threads, click the links and enjoy. People around here have been without exception helpful, knowledgeable and courteous.

Back