Newbie/ Hop que

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashun

Reaction score
I'm new to brewing, but have a few buddies who brew a lot. So I know a little at least. I've only done two batches and both were extract kits. I just brewed my third batch and wanted to experiment a little. So I made my own recipe. It was extract (extra light dme) with some steeping grains. I used 2oz. of ekuanot in the boil and 2oz. of ekuanot, 2oz. of azacca, and 1oz. of citra at flameout. My question is has anyone used this combo? Just curios of maybe what to expect. Thanks.

I've done an Azacca, Mosaic, Citra, Ekuanot NEIPA with a small bittering addition, 1 oz each in whirlpool, and 2 oz each of Citra and Mosaic during fermentation with a second dry hop post-ferm with 1 oz each of Azacca and Ekuanot. It was delicious, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Wyeast 1318. Big citrus/stone fruit, great aroma. My Azacca has AA of 14.1, hopefully you didn't boil 2oz very long...

I've done an Azacca, Mosaic, Citra, Ekuanot NEIPA with a small bittering addition, 1 oz each in whirlpool, and 2 oz each of Citra and Mosaic during fermentation with a second dry hop post-ferm with 1 oz each of Azacca and Ekuanot. It was delicious, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Wyeast 1318. Big citrus/stone fruit, great aroma. My Azacca has AA of 14.1, hopefully you didn't boil 2oz very long...
Thanks for the input. I went with omega hothead yeast since I dont have fermentation control. Sounds like it will be decent, hopefully. It'll be ready to bottle in a few days. I'll post what it ended up like when its carbonated. Here's hoping for a good beer, ha ha! Also I didn't boil any of the azacca. Just at flameout. Only boiled 2oz. of ekuanot for 20 min. Everything else at flameout.

It’s a good combo, depending on the time of that ekuanot you will pick up different nots. In the boil it tends to be quite resinous/pithy citrus with some herbaceous notes. In a low whirlpool this is still present but it starts getting more tropical.

I'm new to brewing, but have a few buddies who brew a lot. So I know a little at least. I've only done two batches and both were extract kits. I just brewed my third batch and wanted to experiment a little. So I made my own recipe. It was extract (extra light dme) with some steeping grains. I used 2oz. of ekuanot in the boil and 2oz. of ekuanot, 2oz. of azacca, and 1oz. of citra at flameout. My question is has anyone used this combo? Just curios of maybe what to expect. Thanks.

Azacca is awsome if i remember right i had tons of pineapple/ orange juice but that was a blend of hops that i used so idk how much of it was Azacca.

Back