newbie help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cider Man

Reaction score
I just recently started my batch of cider and was wondering when it would be safe to bottle. I was also wondering if it was possible to bottle it a little early while there is still some fermentation going on to give the cider kind of a carbonated taste? My first batch bubbled like crazy for a day and now it has slowed substantially. Any help would be appreciated!

i am not big into cider - but you should let it ferment out and add a measured amount of priming sugar at bottling(3/4 cup per 5 gallons) to ensure carbonation without exploding bottles.good luck

The best suggestions can be given if you posted the exact recipe you used so we know how to answer. :D

first, wait until your cider is completely cleared to bottle, when you can read a newspaper through it, it's good to go...
If you want it carbed, then just add a little priming sugar at bottling time...
And no, it's not bad to take the airlock off on occasion... so long as you replace it immediately, and make sure nothing fell in, you should be OK...

hey thanks a lot I am very new to this. About how much yeast should be added per gallon. I see a lot of people say a packet but how much is that exactly?

Latest posts

Back