Newbie from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeve007

Reaction score
Well, "from" Buenos Aires wouldn't be 100% accurate, I'm actually an Aussie... but I've been living in Buenos Aires for a few years, and in Latin America for the past 8. I work as a remote web designer/developer, so can live anywhere...

Oh, and I have a part time gig here in Buenos Aires, helping people to get drunk: https://www.airbnb.com.au/experiences/53768

And I just got featured on an Australian craft beer magazine site: https://craftypint.com/news/2129/aussie-export-dave-rooney

As it turns out, I'll actually be heading back to Australia early next year, as my friend has invited me to work with him in a small brewery he's starting up. I'll be his assistant/****-kicker/cleaner while he's teaching me to become a brewer... and yes, this does mean I'm escaping [finally!!] from digital after 20 years!

So with that ahead of me, I thought it was finally time to take the leap from loving craft beers to home brewing some, and so here I am! I've actually just finished my first ever brew, which I posted about elsewhere on this forum, bottled today, and will be taking my first taste in a week or two... Fingers crossed!!

The craft beer scene here in Buenos Aires is growing rapidly (like most places in the world), the last year or so seeing styles like sours, goses, NEIPAs & Milkshake IPAs hit town for the first time but develop very rapidly. So a little behind the US scene, but catching up quick! Last month they had a huge craft beer festival here, focusing just on sours, aged beers, and strong beers above 10 ABV... “Festival de Cervezas Extremas” (Festival of Extreme Beers). Brewers from around the world here, including from Australia, the UK, Denmark, Russia, and obviously a few US brewers too. So am definitely hoping for a few more gatherings of that ilk before I leave town...

And that my first beer turns out pretty decent! ;)

Thanks mate, appreciated! And seems like a super helpful & friendly forum, very grateful to the help I've already received, will hope to be able to return the favour to others down the road...

Welcome aboard! Good luck on your ventures, I hope you share with us along the way!
Definitely!! I'm a big believer in "paying it forward", especially after all the help I've got here in just a few weeks, with a lot more to come too. Hopefully even my mistakes in my early days will help others just starting out.

Latest posts

Back