Newbie brewer in Pittsburgh PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopGobbler

Reaction score
Hey guys, loving this forum. I've been lurking and reading your posts for a few weeks and decided to make an account. I'm strictly extract brewing for now, but looking to get into BIAB in the near future. Just started my first year hop garden with 2 Centennial and 2 Cascade plants. Loving this hobby, been brewing for several months now and loving the finished products so far and learning a lot. :mug:

Thank you for the warm welcome guys, I'm really enjoying the hobby and the addiction so far! I've been brewing 5 gallon and 1 gallon beer batches, as well as 1 gallon wine batches and cider batches too. I just love watching yeast do it's thing!

So far I've brewed a Brown Ale, an Irish Red, a Barleywine, a Belgian Tripel, a Pale Ale, a couple DIPA's, a Bourbon Barrel Porter, and a Hop Slam clone. I've also made 3 types of wine and a dry hopped cider. My gf's house has become brew central and my supplies are taking over her dining room

IMG_20170308_194028056_zpsdl5wco0c.jpg

And her basement as well

IMG_20170401_223025957_zpsll31zkap.jpg

But she's been very happy and impressed with the results so far. I've been a craft beer enthusiast and beer snob for quite a while, but have only been brewing for 5 or 6 months so far. But the end results have so far been very rewarding
IMG_20170415_180941475_zpspkwsr98e.jpg

:mug:

Back