Hello from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTPocono

Reaction score
Long time lurker finally signing up. I am not sure why as all my stupid questions have already been answered by lurking.
As an introduction - I have been at this hobby for about 4 years. I try to keep things simple. For beer I do BIAB with an induction burner and immersion circulator I grow my own hops and make brown and dark brown ales that I have been working on dialing in. Wine I make about every way possible - fresh grapes, juice buckets, country wines, supermarket juice. I have learned a lot from browsing this forum during my ongoing home brew adventures. My biggest challenge has been keeping accurate notes as I am more of a cook than a baker when it comes to precision. Inspired by a friend I am considering my first go with Mead. Pleased to meet you all - JT

Welcome to the forum. You know people here love answering questions and now you can answer them too! What are you planning for your first mead?
Thanks for the welcome. I will keep it simple for the first go. I will lean towards dry I don't really like sweet drinks much. I have only had awful overly sweet flavored meads to be honest so I would like to start with the basic version and see how I like it. I have room for a 3 gallon batch in the fermentor line up so likely will go with that set up.

Back