New year, new ink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcbeerboy

Reaction score
so, when i was a kid, my dad (step dad, pretty much raised me, so... dad) bought his first home right around the age of 34, which is how old i am. he planted all these trees in the yard... lots of pines. we also had a pear tree, apple trees, a huge garden. lots and lots of memories of all of this.

anyhow, he sold the house about 9 years later, and the guy who bought it cut all the trees down.

well, last january, my dad passed away from lung cancer. been a rough year, and last july, i got his initials tattooed on my left inner arm. i've been wanting a new tattoo, and wanted to incorporate the trees, but i've looked, asked, and google maps snooped, and i can't find out what kind of pines they were. no one remembers. one thing i do remember though, was my love for shel silverstein, and the giving tree in particular. i was thumbing through it a few weeks back, and the picture of the little boy and the tree hugging each other with the caption "and the boy loved the tree..." just clicked.

so, sunday, i got a tattoo :)

2qiclsn.jpg

the text "And the boy loved the tree..." comes later.

and for the record, i don't wear wife beaters around... only til the tattoo heals :)

Cool on ya! Looks good! Post another photo after the text is put in place.

glenn514:mug:

Back