New to HomeBrewTalk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn151864

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just want to introduce myself. I'm Dan, 29, and I'm from Quincy, MA.

I've been brewing for a few years now, mostly with my father. I've recently decided to take the next step in my brewing and go from beginner to intermediate and really start learning the craft (pun intended)!

I just purchased "How to Brew" by John Palmer and have started learning a lot of new things that I was completely unaware of. Hopefully this book and the HomeBrewTalk community will be the catalyst towards creating amazing beer and potentially opening a brewery in the future.

I look forward to posting and replying and hopefully getting to know some of you in the process!

Have a good one!

--Dan

:ban:

Welcome Dan,

I'm Adam. I'm also 29 and live in Richmond, KY.

I've been brewing for a few years as well with my wife and buddy. How to Brew is a great book. So is Joy of Homebrewing by Charlie Papazian is another classic homebrew book that I enjoyed.

Welcome Dan! If you're anything like me you'll find HBT to be a tremendous resource no matter where you end up going with your brewing, and you'll also find a great community of brewers here. Oh, and thumbs up on How to Brew, it's a fantastic resource and you'd barely know it's nine years old to read it! I'm sure he'll tweak various things when he puts out the next edition some day, the only thing I'd note is that in the Third Edition Palmer doesn't take a firm stance on the use of secondary fermenters, but since that time he's made clear that he's in the "no secondary" camp for most of his brews.

Back