new to homebrew help have i done right?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckeown1s1

Reaction score
hi guys im new to homebrewing and would like some feedback please. i used coopers mexican cerveza with 1kg of brew enhancher dissolved in boiling water as stated . i steralised all my equipment and filled my fermenting bucket to the 23ltr mark, i took a reading with my hydrometer which read roughly 1.042 i then added the yeast when the temperature was 25°c and stirred then put the lid on along with the airlock and electrim 75 immersion heater to maintain a steady temp of 24°c over a 6 day period before i start bottling. can someone please let me know if this i ok so far as i am worrying due to a lot of money invested in it and dont want it to spoil.
thanks for any feedback.

mr.newbie

I would remove the immersion heater. 24C is already above the recommended limit for what I'm guessing is a Bohemian lager yeast (probably 8-22 C if its what comes with the kit). If you've done everything else according to the directions, just wait and see what happens.

Also, keep it in the fermenter at least two weeks, not just 6 days like you're saying.

thanks for reply it states in booklet that ideal temp is 24°c and i should bottle after 6 days for 2wks - 3mnths depending on desired taste.? will it spoil? thanks

Normally A beer takes at least 3 weeks to ferment out so like morebrew said i would leave it for at least that long. It wont hurt to let it sit an additional two weeks before bottling anyways. I have had beers sit in primary for up to six weeks and they were some of the best beers i've made.

once the airlock stops bubbling shall i bottle then? and once again thanks

No - you should listen to the recommendations in both the threads you started - check gravity, which is the only reliable way to tell if your beer is finished, and only bottle then. If you're not equipped for that, then wait at least 2-3 weeks before bottling.

Bubbling in your airlock is not a reliable guage of the "doneness" of your beer!

Good info here +1

Forget the beer you just made, Relax for 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back