New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nice glass of best bitter

IMG_20210304_121916.jpg

Moutere / Nectaron NEIPA. This beer will be 3months old tomorrow (been trying to savor it because I didn't want it to end!). It dropped clear about 2 weeks ago. Bad lighting in the pic (sunlight always best), but the color is still quite nice, but its just clear lol. Flavor still excellent overall, but the aroma has definitely faded but its still present. Mouthfeel still decent and head retention and lacing still good. Id say mouthfeel has lost a little of the "juicy" but not much. Overall, still very pleased with my processes and shelf life of this. Now I need to find some nectaron again because I love this hop and YVH is still sold out lol.

IMG_9522.jpg

The prototype. Been trying to make my perfect Saison yard beer. After some failures, it feels good to land close to the mark. It's like if Miller High life really was the champagne of beers.

Attachments

• 20210317_004128.jpg
    20210317_004128.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 29
Maple syrup at bottling? Did it turn out good?

1.75 lbs grade b maple syrup at flameout
0.25 lbs grade b in the keg after it came out of the barrel.

It was really hot for about 6 months after the barrel. Now it's very "woody", but good.

View attachment 723080
Ordinary Bitter on nitro. Takes me back to the pints of bitter enjoyed in England. Used Crisp floor malted marris otter as the base. Highly recommend. 🍻

I love bitters on my nitro tap! I prefer through a beer engine but they are hard to come by here in oz and very expensive but nitro is pretty damn good too!

Maple syrup at bottling? Did it turn out good?
1.75 lbs grade b maple syrup at flameout
0.25 lbs grade b in the keg after it came out of the barrel.

It was really hot for about 6 months after the barrel. Now it's very "woody", but good.

If you guys are looking into a non-fermentable check out candy cap mushrooms. They'll impart maple flavor and some level of Earthiness. They're good in anything brown or darker : )

Back